Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Holdback father conversation. Son. You are not good enough at lacrosse at your age 2025 so we are holding you back so you can be a stronger player at 2026 grade and play kids a year younger. I know you won’t graduate with your friends and have to repeat a year of school but me and mom are willing to pay for a private school so you get a lacrosse scholarship because in the end that’s the most important thing in life. …..clap clap clap. I know. It’s their business right. Great example they are setting. Son there are ways to cut corners to get ahead. Playing by the rules is for others. Learn from this

C'mon you can't fault them for using their $ to get ahead at others expense.
Its within the rules right?

If your son can play on a high D1 level he will play on that level. Because regardless of the talent pool, if he can play on that level, he will be recruited to a high D1 school. Look at the 2023 numbers, the coaches don’t have a definitive number in mind they just look for talent that they think can play. The commit numbers fluctuate year to year on every team. Some have 10 and some have more than 20. So again, if your son has the talent they will find them. If he is not being recruited to a high D1 school a year from now, it’s because of individual talent, not somebody else’s talent.