Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Holdback father conversation. Son. You are not good enough at lacrosse at your age 2025 so we are holding you back so you can be a stronger player at 2026 grade and play kids a year younger. I know you won’t graduate with your friends and have to repeat a year of school but me and mom are willing to pay for a private school so you get a lacrosse scholarship because in the end that’s the most important thing in life. …..clap clap clap. I know. It’s their business right. Great example they are setting. Son there are ways to cut corners to get ahead. Playing by the rules is for others. Learn from this

If holding back is going to give my son an opportunity to get into Duke, Virginia, Ivy, etc… instead of an average/slightly above average school, then yes, I would do that all day and twice on Sunday. That decision can change the trajectory of his life. Also, some kids don’t have a ton of friends and are friends with kids on their lax teams. If he goes to SA or Chaminade he’s likely to know a bunch of the kids on the team.

And no, my sons are not holdbacks.

Yes that decision will undoubtedly change one’s trajectory and not necessarily for the better. Your argument is totally immoral and of very bad character. Someone failed you in life and now you’re trying to justify your life. I avoid people like you like, avoid like the plague. I’ll pray for your soul.

I think everyone souls are fine. Problem is arguments people just want to win and have no flexibility and disagreements are when people want to understand both sides. There is good and bad in this, but what has people more upset, older competition vs younger? Or your son will miss out because some kid is older and better? I can say the older vs younger nobody cares about. Look at PAL they promote fairness and all the rest of nonsense and play grade vs age? So even PAL I guess doesn’t have a good soul…point is why argue here. Ask a PAL director, hey why not go age like football?

People do care my friend. That’s why change is coming.[/quote

See that tried twice before and twice failed. 1st time the then PAL President tried to vote it into PAL and was voted down by the other PAL directors and 2nd time USA lacrosse put out age guidelines and the clubs just ignored it. We will see if 3rd time is a charm.