Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lot of what get posted here is hard to figure out. However, one takeaway is combo A and half B teams don’t work. The B team being coached by the same A is a recipe for failure in my opinion. Just create two separate teams, why is that so hard?That means separate rosters and separate coaches. And if the roster falls short, figure things out and call around to other clubs and be transparent with the families. That goes further then trying to limp along with half a roster.
To your point about the clubs that tried to do 1.5 teams, I somewhat agree. Although coaching was separate the product stunk. There was is communication as is often the case with these clubs. A team guest players would rarely come off the field. The coaches pretend to have an expectation that if they tell a 14yo kid something they'll relay that to the parent. The reality is we pay the 3K each year not the kid, communicate with us. There is typically no price differential and the product and commitment don't match the A team service. Why people continue to pay to get treated poorly is beyond me.