Originally Posted by Anonymous
My 2025 son is a very late bloomer and hasn’t hit his spurt yet. He is about 5 5 130 and will likely end up about 6 foot according to doctor. Voice hasn’t changed yet. He probably has the talent to play mid level D1 according to his coaches but they said because of his size he might get overlooked this summer. Club coach suggested that if he really wants to play D1 that he plays for a 2026 club team and do a PG year after HS which would make him a 2026 recruit. This seems like cheating to me but I see how that can make sense. Thoughts? Thanks

Doing a PG year is pretty darn expensive and there is absolutely no guarantee it will pay off. For every success story like Rob Pannell there are way more that didn’t pay off. Stay the course and see what happens. 99 percent of the kids are not getting calls September 1st. If your kid is good he will get recruited. If he pops off junior year he will have plenty of offers. If he goes to a college he doesn’t like (and plays well ) he can easily transfer with the new transfer portal rules. And no…..you can’t go play with a 2026 team with the promise of doing a PG year later on