Originally Posted by Anonymous
Holding back? Seems rational but it’s actually pathetic. You believe you’re using the university, but the sad truth is that they’re using you and your son. I’ll let you in on a little secret, there is no shortcut in the game of life and an elite school doesn’t make the man. It’s clear that you’re no man and it’s abundantly clear that you’re not raising a man. You are a fool raising a fool. You should get a vasectomy immediately and I’ll gladly contribute to the cost of the procedure.

Tell all the dudes/ college athletes on Wall Street that! Who are also hiring their “own”, who got in to top schools with a little extra year or two in school. Other lucrative jobs as well! They hire from their schools and have great connections. Go to some of those schools and a kid could be set for life, due to his connections. If staying back will help a kid get into one of those top schools, more power to them. I know it’s elitist as most can not afford to do this!

However, if a kid who would never have a chance at one of those schools and gets there through lacrosse and has to stay back to do it? More power to him. Even better if it’s a kid who would never have been able to afford one of those schools! Those schools reward the holdbacks! Nobody at the great job after college cares how many years you went to school!

Whether you agree with the ethics of it or not, holding back/PGing is rewarded by the college coaches and can often help a player get into a better academic situation. If that bothers some people, so be it. As the guy above said, no employers care if you graduate college at age 23 or even 24. If it’s not for you, then don’t do it. But as long as it remains within the rules, it won’t go away no matter how much you complain about it.

It’s no doubt it’s rewarded by the top D1 Lacrosse schools! Just check out their commits.

Personally, I don’t think it should be allowed before the HS years at the youth LAX level. Kids should have equal opportunity in the developing years. After that, in HS years I think kids start to equal out as far as growth goes and by then the skills developed will show. Then it would be obvious who the top players are as far as skills goes. At least they would have been on equal playing fields getting there if LAX went to age based in the youth years!

The starting QB for the national champion UGA Bulldogs is 26. Give me a break. No one cares. Get over it.

Fool. You are comparing HS/College kids to youth players?

Georgia QB couldn’t hack it at 21, wasted 5 years at his future career and is a cheater.

Check his NIL deal, made more than you will make in your lifetime as a college senior. NIL deals are awesome! Changing the landscape, you thought holdbacks were bad before? You haven't seen anything yet.

** I hope you’re a relative or better yet his agent. Otherwise you’re a pathetic fool making statements to another about earnings. Good for him that he’s making some money off NIL as it won’t last that long for him and hope he makes it to the pros or is successful in life.

You may be the densest poster ever on here. To actually believe I am his relative and that his millions can’t be invested and last a lifetime. Who’s the pathetic fool? You probably have spent 10’s of thousands of dollars for a minuscule lax scholarship for your son. That’s the fool!