Originally Posted by Anonymous
All I can share from my 24 was the following helped in this order, NLF tournaments, 1% PCT showcase, IMG showcase and club coach. High School on Island is not top tier so we got a lot of help from his NLF team.and coach. Hope this helps you all and good luck.

From my experience with my oldest (2022) and his teammates was that each and every player has a different experience. No one has the same path. Everyone you ask will give advice based on their experience it’s all good advice but may not work for you. We had great help from our directors. They did not offer the help. We had to go to them Once we did. They guided us in the right direction. You ( the player as well) must put in the effort. In contacting and emailing coaches.
The best advice we got was take lacrosse out of the decision. Make a list of schools you want to attend. That fit you academically and socially. Ask the question if I was not playing lacrosse. Would I want to be at this school. Then target those schools. Find out where and when the coaches are going to be. And get yourself in front of them. Email them. Send film. Fill out the recruiting questionnaire on their website
I agree with the HS coach unless it’s a blue blood school or one of the top private schools. Then they can help. As for the NLF. It helps but not the only way. My 22 did not play for a NLF team.