Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son received an invitation to the Project 9 camp. Is this something worthwhile, or just another money grab? I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

My son just did it this past Fall. Overall I would say if you have the $, do it. My son hated it while it was going on, but was really happy that he did it after it was over. They work them very hard, its no joke, but the level of talent there is impressive. The kids were absolutely exhausted at the end of each day and were walking around the hotel with ice packs, etc. None of that standing around crap that you sometimes get with these events. The drills will be stuff he has probably seen before, but at a tempo he hasn't. The competition is totally legit and the kids all got along with each other. The exhausting work brought out the camaraderie. The instructors were as advertised and were all there for the whole event. Extremely gracious to the parents (although they do encourage the parents to only show up for the last day of games and not the other sessions). It was something really cool for him to be a part of and I'm glad he did it. So you know, its not a recruiting event, but an instructional camp on steroids. My son was invited back but he is going to pass on it. Its one of those things you do once if you are lucky enough to get invited. Two times is overkill (but to each his own). Plus tons of swag, as the kids say - tons. Good Luck

Thanks for the information. We decided against it, too expensive, and really no point unless you like seeing your sons name on Twitter. What ever happened to the Nike Ride? That was a cool event, and was free!