Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought host families were for foriegn exchange students. And SA is not truly classified as a national private school rather it was always just classified as a regional catholic school. But things over there are changing.

Why are they jumping the shark?

If someone from another state wants their kid to attend St Anthony's for what ever reason, sports, education, or whatever, and the parents can make what ever arrangements they need to in order to make that happen, still don't see how that's a problem. If they bought a kid a house or condo, or rented a home in Huntington would that be ok ? Don't see how its any ones business or honestly why people care . Families on Long Island pay to send their kids to other PUBLIC school districts outside their home districts for athletics or other personal reasons all the time, they ABSOLUTELY do. Sounds like people have maybe a jealousy issue specifically with St Anthony's.

St Anthony's lacks in morals and ethics, bottom line. Just look at their record. Terrible!

You have proved my point, LOL.... ok so we will throw a little bit of anger on top of the jealousy, its comical.

Neither angry, nor jealous. just pointing out the the fact that St A has a well earned reputation for cheating. Just last the boys who were on the team last year, they would describe it as far from comical.

If this is regarding an out of state student athlete I dont understand the issue. St. Anthonys has students from abroad and from many different towns. If a student and his family from out of state want to send their child to attend and there is a family member or a friend who is willing to board the student there is no issue. The parents pay the tuition and the student has the grades to attend then there is no cheating.

If it were a public school and a family or non family member who was not a legal guardian boarded a student and they attended the local school then thats an issue.