Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]You are not getting into Norte Dame, UVA and Duke with Bs and Cs. There is a limit as to how much the coach can do. Best to shoot for UNC where their athletes take paper classes. [/quote

UVA can not be held at the same standard as the other to...sorry daddy

[quote=Anonymous]You are not getting into Norte Dame, UVA and Duke with Bs and Cs. There is a limit as to how much the coach can do. Best to shoot for UNC where their athletes take paper classes. [/quote

UVA can not be held at the same standard as the other to...sorry daddy

I'm not the daddy, but unless you are a top 20 recruit you are not getting accepted to UVA witH Bs and Cs from out of state.

My son is a blue chip recruit and turned down UVA with a B average. You would be very surprised at the schools that would take him.

Been through the recruiting process a couple of times. IMHO it would be wise to pick a school your son can compete at both academically and athletically. Academically being the more important of the two. If you think your son belongs at ND or UVA or some other high academic school with B/B+ average in HS you're heading for trouble. Mine was recruited by Ivies, Academies and High Patriot. Would have loved to see him go to one of those schools. Went to a school closer to his Academic profile and is doing fine.The reality is, without lacrosse he'd never get into those other schools. Not sure he would get out either if he had gone because of Lacrosse. Playing a sport like Lacrosse at the D1 level is a full time job. Very tough to do and still be able to study and have a social life. Not sure you're doing your son any favors by putting him in a situation where he has to struggle to get C's. Coming out of UVA with 1.9 in Social Sciences or something is not getting you anywhere. Even if the degree says UVA.

Same here!! My son is having a tough enough time at a top 50 school/ top 10 Lax, although he could have walked right into any of the others you mentioned with a B average. We are happy with the choice he made. People don't understand how difficult it is juggling D1 and academics. Oh, and the "tutors" they promise are not miracle workers!