Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it possible to attend a D3 school and just play ball if you pay the tuition. My son is destined to work with his hands and he can get that experience as an apprentice, but really loves to play ball. Cant find anything in the rule books on this anyone know the facts or anyone else who has gone this route. Thanks in advance.

Are you asking if you can simply pay tuition to a school, but have your son not attend classes, in order to qualify as a "student" in order to play NCAA lacrosse at said school??! For the love of God, please tell me I've misinterpreted your post . . .!

I am praying to God that you and I both misinterpreted this post. 12 credits per semester to maintain eligibility D1, i believe D3 can set their own requirments - I am almost positive that just paying tuition is not going to cut it. Good luck (i guess).

You will also need to achieve a certain academic level, IE, successfully complete courses in order to stay at said school and maintain eligibility to continue as a member of any NCAA team. Considering that many of the better D III lacrosse programs are schools that are also very competitive academically, both in terms of acceptance and ongoing achievement, I am not sure a non-serious student should consider that path, let alone a SA that has no desire to go to college.