Originally Posted by Anonymous
Gotcha. I thought D2/3 was unregulated and you could just pick a college, pay and go and that was that. Did not go the college route myself.

Not that it's relevant to the 2020 board, nor even just lacrosse, but I've long felt that there should be NCAA athletic opportunities for people, such as your son, that might choose to attend an accredited school that led to trade. I realize this would require a sea change to occur, but there a lot of kids going to college for the wrong reasons as well as shortages in many trades.

When attending a trade school, most free time is dedicated to apprenticeships, with little free time for athletics. The goal is to get employed as quickly as possible.

I assume the guy talking about paying for school to play lax was a joke... I hope. However, I am a big fan of supporting the trades, very lucrative avenue for the right kid. Wasn't my road, but I'd support my son if he wanted it. To this point, there are some schools out there that offer construction management options. Perhaps a kid that wants a career in the trades would benefit from a degree like this, while also pursuing a trade. I also believe the JUCO route offers trade like options at their schools and also offers very competitive lacrosse. Top JUCO schools will compete and beat top 25 D3 and lower D2 and D1 teams. Very competitive lacrosse.