Originally Posted by Anonymous
they really don't talk much to 2020's, they have been telling the 2020's to keep working on their game and to keep them updated on there schedule. my son is a 2019 and the coaches will tell players to stick around afterwards because the head coach wants to speak to them

Thank you.

Yes- had the exact same experience recently with my son who is a 2020. Coaches would not engage in dialogue with the 2020's but encouraged the 2019's to stay after the event ended to have conversations.

Agreed, but was also told that they are definitely putting their list together of 2020 kids they are interested in, so if your son is really interested in the school, it is worth going to the prospect day for them to see your son, as well as for your son to get the feel of the school and the team. My son has had lunch with some of the players at various schools and learned a lot about the schools from the kids; how they feel about the school, the academics, study hall, travel, the style/temperament of the coaches etc. Prospect days are as much for your kid as they are for the coach. I'd pick your kid's top 3-4 schools that you know fit him academically and skill wise on the field and register for those. The rest of the schools, send them emails with video, grades and updates on where you will play with your team and what showcases. Good luck to all.