Originally Posted by BOTCAdmin
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by BOTCAdmin
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Serious question, if you are "committed" and have a B/C average, is that good enough? How much "wiggle room" do lacrosse coaches have to get lacrosse players into a school? Do they have more "wiggle room" for their number 1 recruit. Can they get anyone in they want?

This depends on which school. If you are referring to an Ivy League or Patriot League school, schools have gotten more strict with players GPA's and SAT scores so a B/C average won't make the cut but all programs certainly have wiggle room but only so much.

What about ACC schools or Big 10? What are coaches looking for an early commit to maintain (as far as GPA). Is a Low B or C average "good enough" for a kid who isn't one of the top recruits in a class?

Every school has a different criteria but if the player committed with a B/C average for argument sake, they are looking for that player to stay consistent which is then that particular schools criteria. For a non blue chip recruit, if they aren't within a few points of the schools criteria, they will more than likely have a difficult time getting accepted because remember, admissions has the final say, not the coach. But like I always tell my athletes, utilize this great game as a gateway to get into school you most likely wouldn't have had the opportunity to without lacrosse which is why I said there is wiggle room.

I am really wondering about all the rising 9th grade students that "committed" last year. Will a school still want them with anything less than an A/high B average? I would guess that "regular" students would never get admitted to ACC, Big 10 schools with anything less. And since there is no contact right now, I would think some kids would really be sweating it out (well, maybe not if their grades are low).