Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wonder if there is any truth to this.

Some have said that 2019 was a weak year, that many of the 2020's that should have been 2019 made the right move. Now I am hearing many 2019's may do a prep year and flood 2020 next year. Affecting fall and summer. Thus creating a chain reaction.

There just aren't enough kids not ALREADY in private school for this to be something large enough to impact the grade? Your suggestion would be that a ton of 2019 public school kids are all of the sudden, on a shortterm (misguided!) whim, are going to flock to privates? How are they getting in? What schools have the space?? School starts in about a month, with fall sports starting in about two weeks! Not gonna happen in any big way. Clue: when you hear something, think through the numbers, the logic, and the logistics, and ask yourself, "Is this possible?". SMH

I dont think the poster said the players would change their current year or school, it said they will PG (after graduating HS) but play down as 2020 for the fall. Because at the end of the day they will enter college with 2020's after they PG.

I've seen this already this summer with some New England/Westchester teams. Boys still play every once in a while as 2019 but also play 2020. If it gets you into the better college okay. (I don't like it but the way things have been going I can see it).

If 2020 is a much stronger class, why would 2019s want to get mixed in with them? It would seem that being in a weaker grad year would benefit the 2019s. Coaches are still going to fill up their 2019 recruiting classess