Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter wants to tryout for a travel team. She is a very solid player. We live in the Huntington/Dix Hills area. What are the best B team out there with a female coach?
You can have our spot. My daughter is a good player for the B team but isn’t a starter. Played a total of about 30 minutes over 3 games. I’m done. No more driving 3 hours for 30 minutes. I’m taking the $2500 “tuition “ and the $1000 I spent on tolls, gas, and hotels and I’m dropping it on SAT tutoring. This is a total waste of time. I’m looking at the schools these girls get placed at and it’s almost all safety schools. Good luck. Just as an FYI, if a school accepts more than 50 percent of applicants your kid didn’t get in because of lacrosse.
Absolutely unacceptable. Which travel program?
I have had the same experience now with YJ and TG. I get it, my kid just isn't college bound lacrosse material. Not to say that she can't develop into a fine player but this is not the path. I'm out. If you're the starting 11 players then it's worth the effort if you're the other 12 or 14 on the roster you're just an extra check for the club to collect. 2500 x 12 =30K. That's a nice pay day. If you're telling me that the very best teams on LI can't compete with teams from Maryland then I'm not the fool one in the room... On the plus side, I started her with private golf lessons and the kid has taken nicely too it. I think with a few more lessons she'll be driving 180-200 yds. I might just go in that direction, more fun.

It’s like your fourth post about leaving travel lacrosse. Just go. You joined with college entrance in mind, you’re obsessed with posting to a forum. Just go, dude.