Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It seems.ro be taking a long time for yellow jackets to realize that this whole Nassau and Suffolk team set up isn't working . Why not just have a tryout and make a true A and B team rather than split talent between Nassau and Suffolk . They will not have a dominant team as they have in the older years until they realize that this model ain't working . If someone wants to play on a top team they'll have to [Censored] it up and drive east to where YJ trains otheribe stuck in mediocrity

I respectfully disagree. The Nassau team is filling a void - take businesses away from Liberty and Elevate, which had been on the decline for several years. The absolute top athletes are still driving out to Suffolk, but the great athletes are benefiting from shorter commute and more playing times at Nassau teams. Some of the Nassau teams in other age groups are very competitive. It's true that you may be losing a handle of kids that could have made to the A teams to the Nassau teams, but I think YJ could have lost those to other clubs to begin with...

My daughter plays for the YJ Nassau team and unfortunately she gets very little playing time which is unacceptable for a B team. We are moving on from the YJ program since winning is more important than player development at this age.