Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, now the bickering can finally end. YJ Friedman vs. Team91, Saturday, 8 am at Stony Brook. Should be a lot of fun to watch. A lot of talented girls on each team.

I just want to commend you for your approach. I think it captures the spirit of what competition should look like at this level. There's no insults, no criticisms of the girls, just excitement.

I agree with this. It is sad that coaches and some parents are trying to create a hostile rivalry when there does not need to be. There are many talented girls on both teams and in the not too distant future might be school or even club teammates. The girls just want to play the game they love, they do not have to equate this particular game as "going to war" or any other nonsense like that. Some might placing this much emphasis on winning at all costs since ultimately it can affect the business and the bottom line as parents have other club choices around. But these are 11 and 12 year old girls who just want to learn and play the game.