Originally Posted by Anonymous
And there you have it. A non-male coach can entice a "few solid players. Interesting.......maybe the BEST coach could bring in a "few solid players. Funny how that is able to slip into the conversation but if it was said "hey dont play for a non-male coach" that would be censored. Sexist either way and shameful!!!

You’re going to argue that a female coach for young girls is not a better fit? A woman players can look up to as a role model to played the sport ? I think any club would benefit from current or prior female players coaching them.[/quote]

I definitely agree with this. We are fortunate for our 29 teams that we have female coaches on staff that are role models for our daughters. Some are parent-coaches and perform both roles equally well. There is nothing worse than any coach who does not display sportsmanship or class.
Watching the behavior of the 2029 91 coaches at Lax 4 the Cure is not what I would want for my daughter. The constant berating of officials, behavior towards the opposing coaches, and the over-dramatic sideline reactions were on full display for all to see. I can not imagine having young girls being exposed to this multiple times a week for a year. What is worse is that the female coach was pretty much the source of these antics.
Wins and trophies do not mean anything if our daughters are not around positive role models.