Originally Posted by Anonymous
Same thing on every club bit just YJ. Go and see how many girls don't touch the field when team 91 plays YJ this weekend . You'll see girls that don't have ouch the field because winning against YJ Friedman is too important for them . So it's not just a YJ thing

This is 100% true for 91. The coaches have told the girls beforehand which games are "must-wins" and not to expect to play. So for this weekend, we know my daughter will not play against YJ Freidman, might play in the 2nd game depending if we win or lose the first, and will play against the other YJ team. As much as my daughter likes this team we are losing our patience with what is happening. We are glad that there will be other options to explore this summer.

So they take your money the same way they take the starters money but your kid isn’t allowed to play in the must win game. Why is it must win? It is must win so they can keep recruiting top talent rather than developing it. In this way they can replace your kid with someone else next season that they recruit because of this “big win”. Ridiculous. These games are ultimately meaningless. These clubs have forgotten the reason why people send their kids to travel. Learn the game and compete against great competition but because the business gets in the way many kids don’t get to play but their parents get to enrich the travel club owners.

^^^^^ That! At this age it still should be about developing all the players. If they are not good enough to play on your team , don’t take their money!!!

Exactly.....but unfortunately then the parents egos get in the way too. They want their kid to play on an "A" team even if they don't play . It's ridiculous. Don't even get me started about kids in the B and C teams . It's not for the live if the game , give me a break. Spend your money elsewhere and enjoy your spring/summer rather than driving up and don't the east coast and spending thousands . Oh...and as far as getting into a school? If your grades aren't great because your spending hours upon hours for lacrosse and not even playing that's a double whammy . Good luck being mediocre with both and trying to get into a school .