My son was passed over at an early age. The team was one he had been on a year prior, they were very young, had only played a year together but had promise to be the best. (Travel is now over so all of this is easier to see). That first year coaches were great, you saw then these kids would all 99% play HS at an elite level and go on from there.

Unfortunately my sons spot was "given" to a political/financial/influential kid. The kid was a hold back and Not from the area nor a stud by any factor.

The boy always found his way onto the "all-star" team's. Never really played but his name was there.

My son used it as a driving factor, he remain friendly with the boys families and coaches (decision was an organization thing). He always played for another team and his friends from the first team would always watch in joy, parents would cheer for him. High school games were always a pleasure seeing the families. I don't even think the other boys school had lacrosse. most boys from that first team moved on to the areas other team, some because of favors holdbacks, but they were all on top teams (maybe top 1/2/3) in the country

One day, I received an email, from a parent from that team, (. Many of us dads had been talking a week prior at an event. We said it was a shame the boys never stayed together. I said yeah, but it sure worked out for us, didn't it. The next day I got the email, the email listed about 10 prestigious high profile things the dad was involved with in the sport of lacrosse. Each one detailing how he bought his sons way onto things.

Our Boys High school years are over, I admitt I hate the dad/family, who took my son's spot. But never the kid. my son felt no ill will to the kid. He felt sorry for him.

Both boys were "recruited" one because of the silver spoon one because of the blue collar. Was told the boys committed play day last year his talent was a exposed. Let's see how these next few years will be