Originally Posted by Anonymous
i saw a picture of the 2022 hawks players receiving their high school helmets...very touching and they are no doubt great players but does that mean they don't have to actually go through tryouts like everyone else?....total bs if you ask me and only fuels the fire of the kids and their parents that they have some kind of special status...great job by the schools and the parents on this...you all should be very proud

I 100% agree on this. Total bs.

They will still need a helmet even if they play on JV or Fresh-Soph. There is a spot on some team at the schools no matter how bad you may be.

Not sure why you call bs on this. Of course they all have to try out for school and club teams. When you are a freshman you have to have a helmet just like everyone else. What special status are you referring to? Sounds like to me it is a great way to send the boys off into high school and say good bye to middle school. I heard that 5-6 kids are not even playing Hawks next year and they still got a helmet. A helmet that every high school coach had to have agreed to give. Are you just bitter because your kid has not received his helmet yet? Or that your kid has to compete against these players for the next 4 years. I agree with the statements of the parents and the KOOL AID but to suggest these players don't work hard for any and all success is absurd. Not a Hawks parent but know a lot of these players and to always see the bashing of that team is just jealousy and bitterness. Every team in the Elite division had holdbacks and it will only get worse in high school , not get better. There is no playing on age in High School. My son very much looks forward to competing with and against them for years to come.