Originally Posted by Anonymous
So grand to have MM son at our fine institution of higher learning. Oops he is being held back to 8th grade. McD is pathetic and so is that plan of action. Defining oneself by lacrosse is sad and baltimoronian.

https://ilovetowatchyouplay.com/2016/01/12/the-harsh-truth-of-holding-kids-back/

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/s...ing-their-kids-back-in-6th-7th-8th-grade

No matter what these articles say...Holding back/reclass/prefirst works in lacrosse. Now does it always work. Of course not. But many of top youth teams are loaded with them as are prep schools.

Lacrosse doesnt always get a lot of the pure thoroughbred athletes . They go to football, baseball, BB, Hockey the full scholarship and money sports. So we are talking about many kids that skill wise are in the same medium. An extra year helps all the way up to college. It does.. Now the true athlete will over come these older players, but the same age player just a little better than his peers at same age will not overcome the year older player. The older player gets all the attention and playing time in youth and it continues in HS........It stinks..but it is true.

I dont find that holdbacks work as well in BB, FB, BB, etc at top teams due to the pure athlete are all so athletic at a young age and it carries on thru HS and college.

The 5-8 to 6-0 white guy needs some sport ..Lacrosse used to be his domain.It still mainly is , but it is starting to be evaded by others, and that extra year helps many of these guys!

You mean how the white guy invaded the American Indian sport? You are completely clueless but I see you have already convinced yourself... oh how I want to quote Darwin but i'm sure it will go over your head

Dont get your panties all knotted up Francis. The white guy part was meant in humor.

Darwin would actually agree with me Francis. """"it is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Darwin """"""

Holdbacks/reclass/prefirsts are adapting..They cant compete with their own age group and adapt by adding a year and then competing against the younger species.