Originally Posted by Anonymous
If a league or tournament has grade based teams, there's no age consideration. If you don't like it, don't play in that league or tournaments.

Please don't be whiners like the LI stunads.

Fine if you are actually in the grade but not the grade you might be in because you plan to repeat 12th grade. That is cheating and stupid

Using this logic why not register two grades below or three?

Whats the big deal. Let them play down a grade. Especially if they plan on doing a PG or reclass. It will make everyone stronger. If you dont agree, you need to hit the wall and quick whining! I find it entertaining that people who dont mind already holdbacks/prefirsts complaining about future holdbacks.reclass.PG's?? Hilarious. Tell your child to hit the wall.

While I am hitting the wall, I hope your continue your night classes in grammar at the community college. A GED is not out of reach for you. By the way, I think I can dominate a bunch of 6th grader players already as I am older, bigger, and more experienced but I will hit the wall just in case. Also, my son is doing just fine but he will continue to hit the wall as well. The point of BOTC is to discuss issues such as this. I would like to clarify your position. First, US Lacrosse segments are based on age. In many "rec" leagues that use age based grouping, it is possible for a 6th grade player born in August to play 14U with an 8th grade player. This 8th grade player may be over 6' but that is the rule, a parent who signs up agrees to play within this rule. The HOCO league is grade based. The organizers set up divisions by grade. The logical assumption is that if a player is in 6th grade, he should sign up to play 2024, if he is in 5th grade 2025, and 7th grade 2023. If a player started school early or repeated a grade in school, the player should play in the grade that they are currently enrolled regardless of DOB. As you indicate it is not age based. However, the segmentation implies that players play based on the grade they are currently enrolled in not what they may or may not do in the future. What you suggest is that when registering for a club tryout (usually in August for most clubs) parents should ignore the club website and register for a grade below the current grade. The club usually indicates prior to tryouts if they plan to play in the HOCO spring league. Therefore at this time you are knowingly ignoring the rule as posted by HOCO organizers. This is called cheating. Games will still be held this spring and the kids will enjoy lacrosse and get better. You are advocating on an anonymous website that cheating is what you suggest. I am simply pointing this out.

Who said anything about cheating?? Only You. I want the same advantage little private school johnny gets for ALL players. You want an advantage for a select few.