Originally Posted by Anonymous
For you dummies that are new to things with lax in the area, 25% of th Kids in the region are on spring break! Not to take anything away from an improving crabs team but Bethesda was missing 5 starters (and I’m not a Bethesda parent). Secondly, Madlax and Next level both have so many kids on spring break that neither club could field a team to play this past Sunday. And it does look like it will be a competitive HOCO season again just like it always is! It’s by far the best and most competitive league in the country at this age group. Having said that, Madlax destroyed Next level the other weekend with third line middies getting most of the runs. And whomever posted the previous entry was correct, the “big kid” didn’t have hardly any goals. While there’s no doubt he’s hands down the best player on the team and in the country at 24’s, the rest of that Madlax team is stacked! Just ask Brotherly love who went to shut the “big kid” down and everyone else on the starting lineup at middie and attack went off for 10 goals!

I don't think I'm a dummy and after three decades of coaching in this area, I'm certainly not new(and feel it, most days) but I do know this;

It's simple, you put 10 on the field, play the game or forfeit.

Secondly, if spring break is running so rampant through the DMV, how does every other team in the league field a team and play a game. It's about one guy whining because he is missing certain players and doesn't want to take a chance of losing a 6th grade lacrosse game. Sad commentary on the organizaton of the league.