Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If it’s such an easy concept, why do so many parents sign their kids up for the wrong team?

To get an advantage that holdbacks are getting now. If you are thinking of holding your child back in 7th or do a PG after 12th later in his lacrosse career...he should play one grade below what he is in now. Its only fair to him and his future team.

Frankly I say let all players play down a grade if they want, seems like the right thing to do.

The only thing wrong with your advice is logic. If all players play down a grade then there is no longer an advantage. However, I do not think there should be an advantage. Read any post in any region on all of these topics and everyone knows it is wrong to have kids play down. If a player is already a grade back in school then fine he should play in the grade he is in. Why any parent would even think of signing a player up in the wrong category is beyond me. Why even call the group 2024 if a player who is currently in 7th grade is allowed to play on a 6th grade team?

This is not far from the truth but very funny!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkU0S00W4yM