2024 update: I stood between the games keeping an eye on both games. From what I saw, both games could have gone either way.

A rematch of last years end of the HOCO season game where Looneys beat the Hawks in a close game. Today it was the Hawks over the Looneys and the game could have gone either way. Hawks rallied back from a early 3 goal deficit. Looneys appeared to control the game early through the first half. Hawks made some adjustments and slowed down the Looneys BIG middies and came back late in the 4th quarter to win by one goal. Faceoff’s appeard to go in favor of the Hawks but not by a long shot. Both teams appear to be a run and gun style offense. Hawks have a couple solid dodgers and their D packed in real well playing solid in he 2nd half. Hats off to both teams. Both teams will pose a challenge for whoever they play against. Looneys over T91 and Mad Lax in the fall and they beat Hawks late in the HOCO season last year. Good Luck to both teams this year!

Bethesda over the Crabs in OT and again this game could have gone either way. Crabs dominated the faceoff’s, that Crabs faceoff kid is the real deal. If the crabs can minimize turnovers and realize there is a big difference in their two goalies (2nd half goalie was lights out better) they will be hard to beat. Bethesda’s goalie is the sole reason they survived late in this game stuffing about 3-4 one on one shots late in the 4th. Hats off to both teams. Crabs appear to be much improved over last years team. Crabs won over the Looneys 7-2 in the fall, beating them convincingly. Should be an interesting Spring and Summer if the proper adjustments are made on that Crabs team. The potential is certainly there. It has been said that Bethesda added players from last year’s Club Blue 2023 team and seems to be solid across the board and with that I expected a blow out today. Good luck to both teams this year!

On a side bar, it is early in the season and it is 6th grade LAX, but please Mr. Referees,get your stuff together. There were a lot of very bad calls. Calls went both ways in both games. Bad bad bad!