Originally Posted by Anonymous

My son is on a 2024 team with several hold backs. He is a very good player but see's limited opportunities, because of the presence of the older players. His growth is being limited, as a result. But, he is on a good team, with good coaches, and I see value in that. I know that there are many other parents in the same situation. Just wondering how other parents are dealing with this.

What team is he on? If you are being honest with yourself, you already know the answer. You can find the right environment for him if you actually want to do what's best for him (good coaches with the opportunity to play.) Do you want to look back on this and only be able to say that he was on a good team with good coaches and learned the game the correct way, but never played? As a parent you can justify anything, but wins and losses and being on a top team don't matter if your kid doesn't get to play enough.

I’m sure you are right. Thank you. I’m still pretty new to this game. My concern is, if we switch teams, he could end up being in the exact same situation. Seems like this is a prevalent issue with teams. Are there any teams that don’t have this problem?

plenty of teams out there , that do not have this problem. Sounds to me like FAKES NEWS... just trying to stir the pot. If your Kid is a good player he will play. My son plays with kids that play up and play more then most. There are plenty of teams out there for your kid to be on and play. Plenty of trainers out there as well. Has nothing to do with holdbacks. COP - OUT POST

You are Hilarious there ! Play up?? In MD ...LOL..No one plays up in MD. Holdbacks are entrenched in most of the better teams. Maybe C level rec is where they play up! Play up in MD . Hilarious!