Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is on a 2024 team with several hold backs. He is a very good player but see's limited opportunities, because of the presence of the older players. His growth is being limited, as a result. But, he is on a good team, with good coaches, and I see value in that. I know that there are many other parents in the same situation. Just wondering how other parents are dealing with this.

It would kill you if your son also saw limited opportunities on the 2025 team as well. It's not out of the question because some of these 2025 are better than the 2024s. Your son's limited playing time is not because of holdbacks. Trust me. I have coached the game for years.

If he is not playing ..because the player satrting are held back, what would you call that?? His parent said that it was holdbacks that were ahead of him?? And that he was just behind them. Give him another year and he is better than those holdbacks it sounds like to me.

Not sure what you are coaching or where,,,but holdbacks are prevalent and hold many starting positions in MD now a days. Its a fact
I have the same problem . My son plays the trumpet, but does not get the seat beacause of holdbacks .

Only a parent of a heldback player would make that remark. Dont worry, your heldback older son knows he has advantage others he is playing against dont. Apple doesnt drop far from the tree
you people are so full of excuses. An athlete is and athlete.