Originally Posted by Anonymous
What team he is on is irrelevant. All I was saying was that it’s ridiculous how expensive it is and everyone is lining up for it. For “connections” etc. what team you are on, what level doesn’t matter. And my kid doesn’t even pay full price and it still boggles my mind. So your team (are you the S2s poster?) didn’t have tryouts but they knew they’d have a full roster. Great they saved everyone $100. They are still taking in a boatload of money. But at least they made people feel good about it. Not right or wrong. We’re all rowing in the same direction right? 1-2 more years of this right? Good luck to you and your kid. Hopefully it works out for everyone. Funny after this many years in it and now my youngest just started. Ugh.

I agree with you. Next summer is my kid's last year of this. He's is the youngest. Looking back now, my first two, one played college at a high level, the other didn't. The one that didn't, enjoyed himself 10x more than the one who played D1. Both graduated, live out of state, and are supporting themselves. The kicker is, my kid that played D1, plays on a local men's baseball club and enjoys every minute of it. My kid that played D3, plays golf during his free time. Neither had any interest in lax after college. Take lax for what it is worth, if you are wealthy, your kid can afford to fumble around with lax. If not, your kid needs to find a college offering course study he wants to pursue, putting lax second. Most importantly, neither one of my first two kids moved back home after college. Be careful what you wish for!