Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not many. I can honestly say I am disappointed in my sons club (S2S). They aren’t helping the B team kids at all. The coaches kid and one other got to make some appearances with the A team so I guess they are being helped but other than that no help has been offered. Unless it is just my kid. I haven’t spoken to other parents about it. My kids has got some interest but it is 100% because of our own efforts. Paying for showcases and reaching out on our own. Not that these owners care but they should be ashamed of themselves.

Unfortunately that’s how it is with most teams. Keep doing what you are doing and something good will happen. The other kid is the coaches cousin that’s why he got some looks with the A team. Neither of them got much play time so don’t worry about it too much.
Also I’m being told now that the top kids are recruited. They will make an effort with the rest in spring- early summer. They will try and get as many as they can spots. Don’t know if I believe it. But that’s what I was told.

These are tough recruiting years with Covid, 5/6 year players and the transfer portal. Really tough for the kids but it is what it is.

Forget the club helping you, parent and player efforts in recruiting is the only thing that will help a B team player. Don't look for club help, I would not even trust your club if your son is on the B team. There are enough A team players not getting recruited, they may put a college player off your B child and on to an A player.

I know of at least one situation where this has happened. D3 coach reached out to club coach about B player and the response was: "If you like how he plays, you should check out this kid (A player)!"