Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes the UNC commit on True Blue plays for such a powerhouse High School True Blue had nothing to do with it. I get ya True Blue isn't 91 but stop you sarcastic remarks when does it end on here.

I think the college coaches are just recruiting the best players regardless of club team or high school. If you are a good player and go to a showcase or 2 and attend the prospect day of the school you are interested in attending it works out. FLG, TB, 91, Express - good players get found. There is 2021 at Hopkins now that played ICON. I had never heard of ICON or seen them at any tournaments.

Icon 2021 was a top team for 2021. Would beat top express and 91 teams at times. Owner has many connections. It was a shock when he could not build off that team. The Hopkins kid was well known from 8th grade and committed at that time to Syracuse. But later went to Hopkins. For 2021 only a few clubs had many d1 commits. 91AA, Express AA, FLG, Igloo, Rebels, icon and Legacy. Those are the only ones that had more than 5 d1 commits. The rest had zero or at most 1 or 2. It helps to be on a club team who has a history of success at recruiting or a top team even if on top for only one year.