Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bandits have 4 committed as well.

That's it? Well, I guess you need high grades to get in to most great schools.

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

No excuses and I was the one harping that the numbers seem small. I have been through it before. Let’s see where your kid winds up. I just think people should be open to the fact that it my not be how you imagined….

I believe the reason the numbers are not higher is because people are taking their time. Most people I have spoke with want to make sure the fit is right academically, socially and lacrosse wise. No need to rush at this point. All the top players and even the next tier players have had contact with coaches. Find the best fit.