Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the college coaches are just recruiting the best players regardless of club team or high school. If you are a good player and go to a showcase or 2 and attend the prospect day of the school you are interested in attending it works out. FLG, TB, 91, Express - good players get found. There is 2021 at Hopkins now that played ICON. I had never heard of ICON or seen them at any tournaments.

This is absolutely true colleges can care less what travel program you are on. They want the best athletes/players for there team. Good luck to the boys...

You are spot on. If only the parents of younger kids new this. Play for the best team you can AND also get plenty of playing time. That is the key.

What do you do when you think your son is on one of the best teams but gets blown out at tournaments and the director keeps telling the parents how great their connections are but the kids aren't getting recruited?

If your are really asking this question at this point in your kids travel career, you have missed the boat. How long have they been getting blown out? Does your kid see the field and perform well when he is out there? It isn’t always about the win at this point. Have their been lots of recruits in the organization in previous years? These are al things you should know. Also, maybe your kid isn’t as good as you think they are. Not every kid is going to get recruited. Not every A team kid goes D1. The pool is way bigger than LI. Be realistic about your kids ability. Pick schools they want to go to and then see if lax will follow. I would also speak to your coach and ask how he will help through the recruiting process. If they aren’t going to help do some research and have your kid start reaching out.