Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think what we we are trying to say if you put Turtles, Mcmanus,and Korwan team on the field. And flew in coaches from Maryland and told them to pick a team, that 8 to 9 kids from Korwan and McManus would be picked.

Um...No, not exactly........

The Turtles are a group of talented kids that have played and practiced often together for several years at this point, producing a talented team. Some of the players are very good while others are, well just good. As a team however, they perform well above average. For only the past and present however as of course, all players at this age start to develop and greater athletes emerge. Puberty can only help genetics so much.

Korwan (Piranhas) and McManus (Orange) both have very good players on their teams. They have both changed their rosters significantly since last year and the kids need time together. They each may have 10 or more players that are very good. As the kids practice and play together and put time and work in their teams will perform even better.

So, the Turtles have had a significant head start that may have success that last or not. They deserve all of credit due to them for their efforts. However, I agree if you put 10 or 12 of Korwans and McManus' players together, gave them the resources and time, they would become a significant team to compete with. Funny thing is that I don't think you need to even combine the players, each of these teams with time will perform well.

I don't think any of it really matters. For the moment it has been fun just getting to watch our little kids become more powerful skilled players and young men.