Originally Posted by Anonymous
quote=Anonymous]
Does Rage still play?

Yes, they played the men from Canada and were beaten in the playoffs. It was a physical mismatch playing agaisnt a roster of mostly 26's.

What was excuses for other games they played? I thought they looked like a decent team . Destroyed sidewinders then lost to nationals ? And tied Denver elite? Sidewinders beat Denver elite on Sunday and they are terrible!

Don't know. Don't care. more interested in why a tourney would allow such blatant cheating. I watched Evolve played a good MD team in the final and they were bigger at every kid on the entire roster down the line. And that's a MD team I'm talking about.

"Blatant cheating" is a little harsh. Grouping kids by birth year makes it difficult to align with graduating year divisions so you can either play older kids and get crushed like the 2009 team did or you can play younger kids like the 2008 team did. That 2008 team would have gotten smoked in the 2026 division. The team and organizers probably looked at the level of talent in the 2027 division and figured that'd be the best match - and it probably was. LI Rage and Next Level both played them tight.[/quote]

Would agree but majority of the team was rising 10th graders, not 9th. It was a class based tournament and evolveā€™s average age was much older. I guess we know you are from Canada and not NY.