Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can’t play senior year if you repeat freshmen year. LI not a great place to reclass cause of lack of private/prep schools. Lax may not matter that much. But going from a Richmond on age to a Duke as hold back makes a difference.

The holdback scenario really benefits the kid at a younger age in youth. They get extra year of training and playing up. Then by the time HS rolls around they are probably much better at Lacrosse from that extra year and playing up? Then when they move down at youth after playing up and getting some extra size. They stand out and get to be starters and that gets them better and the attention.

With all that said, I do not believe holdbacks at the youth level should be allowed! Hope the rules change as it’s a clear unfair advantage for the elite! Kids should only be allowed to play up and never down! It really needs to go to age based and that’s that!

While I agree with most of this especially the part that lacrosse needs to be age based ....I disagree with the whole " gets them better and more attention". I have personally watched reclassed that just aren't that special at all and don't stand out . Have also seen kids reclass and not even start . So that being said it's really a bad decision on the parents part ....but I guess everyone think they're son is special lol so it is what it is