Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know we all want to look at the world with those rose colored glasses but sports is tough. Sports used to be a conduit for life. It helps you over come adversity. It helps you learn how to deal with many different people & personalities.

I understand Coaches say, teammates say, even parents say tough things. We may not like it but I was always taught there was a time and place for everything. Just as I am a proponent of "hey, your kid is great at my house you really taught them manners." Funny you hear as a response 8 of 10 times , "that isn't the case in my house." Well they did listened and followed through at the right times. They applied the lessons learned!

I have absolutely no connection to the situation but see way to much coddling. When did it become a soft world. You got called out, okay; you got called a name, sucks, yeah sure. But Move on! It is not how you fall but how you get up!!! So get the up.

I thought LI lax was like Texas football or Texas cheerleading I guess not. I am not really an ends justify the means person but if all a coach did was call the girls some names and pointed out a few players. Don't see the big deal.

Oh and for those that say they are girls, I say why treat girls any different than boys. Just because you called them a name doesn't mean you don't respect and like/love them. I am quite sure we have all called our parents, family members and close friends bad names. doesn't mean we didn't love and care for them.

Hey I have a few nieces and nephews I called "little [lacrosse].. plenty of times and deservingly so. But I love them dearly and would do anything for them.

The most important part of your post was when you said you "have absolutely no connection to the situation". If you did, and your daughter was the subject of this behavior, which is more than name calling, your post would be completely different. I agree with much of what you said, but it doesn't really apply here.