Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have no idea what your talking about. St. Anthony's has sports and academics, but, sorry to tell you your academics cannot EVER compare to Chaminade. It's held on a high standard for a reason. I'll show you tests that will make your head spin. A professor at my son's college who went to Chaminade and Harvard said Chaminade was harder for him. When my son went into college to takes tests, kids were crying next to him. He got 4.0 in both semesters in Freshman College because he was well prepared. And, believe me he was not top of his class. He was an honors student, a football player, a lacrosse player, did clubs and matured like a man. I know many people at STA. One of my own teachers is there as a Friar now. There are many good things being done there that have nothing to do with sports. But, be real here. Catholic education is definitely up there on the college pick lists. The underlying culture of Chaminade vs. STA is mostly in the heads of coaches at STA and is carried down year after year to the players. So when your kid is the one who messed up the kick off at the end of big game, you have to be afraid to go to school at STA (which I know for a fact this happened) vs. Chaminade where 200 people go up to you and say don't worry about it. You cannot compare these two schools and the significance of Chaminade education and how it affects your future.
It's unfortunate that sports is all people think about at STA when there are so many students doing so many good things.
You sound just like the arrogant Delbarton folks in NJ. What an arrogant jerk. Watch out for the priests.