Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]That does not mean the kids are coming out strong academically. I am stating what I have seen from experience. Of course the kids fron St. A are all going to college, the question is, where are they going? Lets compare the Ivy acceptance to top publics like GC, Syosset, 3V, Manhasset, Commack, Jericho, etc. You might be surprised! Keep wasting your money unless you are from a poor-performing district, you are crazy

Don't label it a waste of money or call parents crazy for choosing to send their kid to a Catholic school even though they may live in a top school district. The decision is a personal one for each family and is typically based on much more than lacrosse. It is fine that you have made another choice for your son....but you sound ignorant (not to mention anti-Catholic) when you post such comments. Everyone makes their own choices and you don't get to judge how others raise their kids. Maybe now we can get back to Express....

I'm not anti catholic but I do find it ironic that a school that is supposed to be teaching values has to expel kids for racially insensitive behavior ( article in Newsday). That would not happen at my son's school

You are correct. The kids would not have been expelled at a public school.

But it didn't happen in public, it happened at St. As! [/quote
]
I find it ironic that you EXPRESS such contempt for those of us who choose to pursue a catholic education for our children and Saint Anthony's in particular and yet you choose to have your son play lacrosse in a program run by coaches from Saint Anthony's whose rosters are filled with current and future Saint Anthony's students. Nice.

I only had to defend the publics after a previous poster claimed the the public "teach down"? Completely untrue. The great public schools are much better academically with lon lists of AP scholars attending presidio us universities. Also the character piece is lacking. Do you really think the article in Newsday is the only incident? I know of several other incidents that show st. A's kids not acting morally in school sponsored events.