Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Instead of being called "Long Island Express", maybe named for the road most of the higher echelon travel, I think a better name would be "Highway Robbery". I would compare their pricing to the price gouging of gas for Superstorm Sandy, the only difference is there was a 10% anti-gouging law whereby gas prices could not be increased more than 10%. Too bad, there is no law that would govern this organization. Do the math, most of us are in the wrong business.

As for recruitment, last I checked, middle school kids aren't getting recruited to be charging these prices. I understand all personal choice, but if you are hoping to be St. Anthony's or Chaminade bound, it probably would be in your best interest to develop a relationship with Express, but at what cost?

Good point. This has been mentioned on this thread before. If there are going to be multiple teams per grade and therefore mulitple levels of quality, recruiting support, quality/experience of coaching etc. Why not institute a tiered pricing scheme? If you drive the Mercedes you pay a high price - everybody understands that. But if you are asked to drive a Chevy Cruz you would not expect to pay the same price as the guy who gets to experience the Mercedes. Thats were dissention and animosity creeps in to the conversation about the Express. Its called trying to provide the best value prop to all levels of customers. All businesses do it and the Express (and other programs with multiple teams per grade) should think about the same if they want to keep families from looking elsewhere for a better value/price equation. Please, no need for some meathead to scream "FREE MARKET, MOVE ON" - that's not the basis for a constructive conversation among Express customers nor sound business advice to the Express Directiors who are trying to run a good and sustainable business. Just sayin'.

I've seen tiered pricing in other club programs - at least in the younger grades. See below. Makes sense.

3rd Orange Registration Fee ($250.00)
4th Orange Registration Fee ($250.00)
5th Orange Registration Fee ($250.00)

3rd Blue Registration Fee ($150.00)
4th Blue Registration Fee ($150.00)
5th Blue Registration Fee ($150.00)