As a Express parent from this past weekend my sons 2021 team was spanked by everyone , Although town teams should not be able to compete against a travel elite team and win , this was disgusting. Yes the West Isip team has express players , but so did the Hills team who had a overwhelming amount of 91 players which you clearly saw the difference in the quality of how they played , VS express who yes does not put there effort in teaching these kids how to play like an elite player, it seems the West Islip kids have an advantage because there coach is the Express coach so more effort is placed into them then the rest of team. So sad that we fell for bait switch , which everyone spoke about how well express program is, in reality so far its a waste of time and alot of money, I must say although not a fan of 91 those group of players showed more initiative in the game which the final result proved effective !
Sorry to vent but the previous post set me off..

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It didnt work out !

Atleast for Express.

well like to chime in on this one , but my sons express 4th grade was humiliated buy west islip and from what it looked like a 91 team who ran high score up and never stopped until final whistle and nevermind our last game !, just wasnt a great day for these boys, and certainly the club.

Isn't the 2021 Express coach a West Islip guy with 4-5 WI kids on the Express team? How did that work out?

The 2021 and 2022 li express is a joke, they should man-up and just make these teams developmental instead of billing them as elite travel teams. In both cases they had trouts but took everyone who tried out, in the case of 2022 they are still trying to fill the team by recruiting 8 year olds who take clinics at sports hub. All of this wouldn't be so bad except they are charging the same as the older teams and if you think the cost is really $1,500 you are crazy because everything is a la carte. The helmets, shooting shirts, tournaments, leagues is all additional. Now this may seem like a li express bashing email but in fact I don't think there is any argument that their older team are excellent and in most cases well coached. My point is that if you want additional instruction for your 8-9 year old there are great clinics, leagues, private lessons etc. alternatively if you want your son on a travel team that is committed to the team, is transparent about all the costs, practices often and reliably then there are those options also but li express, while although a great organization, should have some class and admit that they are not committed to the younger age groups. I assume this post will get some Johnny blows his nose or can't tie his shoes or you are a creep for speaking about 8-9 year olds but the truth is that 91, true blue, tomahawks, igloo, jesters, fl$ etc all offer some form of team or multiple teams at this age so the demand is there.