Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good luck at Harvard...sorry to hear Limestone reached out to you. Kid will probably be long done with lax by the time he gets to college and will be on the all-edible team.

Na, he will probably be on the wrestling team. Pretty sure he would take your speedbag kid and having him crying to his mommy and daddy in about 8 seconds.
Good luck at Harvard...sorry to hear Limestone reached out to you. Kid will probably be long done with lax by the time he gets to college and will be on the all-edible team.

Na, he will probably be on the wrestling team. Pretty sure he would take your speedbag kid and having him crying to his mommy and daddy in about 8 seconds.

Maturity at its finest.

Coming from someone who's occupation is listed as a politician. Seeing how you would like to be a part of the discussion please enlighten us common folk as a politician, how in today's environment politicians can vote to donate billions/trillions of our taxpayer dollars to foreign countries while Americans are losing their jobs, homes and businesses? And I know parents on my kids lacrosse teams who have been out of work due to the government imposed COVID lockdowns that seem to only apply to Non-politicans(IE Cuomo allows fans to Bills game so he can go). Please explain to them how you are taking the taxes they pay on the little bit of money they get from unemployment and give it to foreign countries instead of to Americans who need it.

P.S. If you really are a politician please do it on your own time and not on taxpayers time.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #318499 01/08/21 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase."

And now you're complaining your kid is getting solicited? Great story. Skip the next showcase then...

Ya I am complaining. Spam mail and recruiting are 2 different things dummy. That's what parents do, protect their kids. Identity theft is real, google it. Seems to me the showcases shouldn't be selling minors information. If we want information on a school for a kid we can figure out how to get it.

My oldest did not play travel sports and got those same college Solicitations. Don’t know where they come from. I think the high schools sends Information to Schools they believe the students grades would give them a fair chance of getting accepted. I have never confirmed this. I do not think it is a showcase selling the information. Just some advice, my son is a Division I lacrosse player. My advice is go to as many showcases as possible. Good luck.

Once they take the PSAT, those scores go out and colleges start mailing out info.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318915 01/19/21 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are they having the NY State Regional Lacrosse Championship this year, have tryout dates been announced?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318921 01/20/21 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are they having the NY State Regional Lacrosse Championship this year, have tryout dates been announced?

As of now, there’s nothing going on. Website is still showing cancelled 2020 registration.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318954 01/20/21 10:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the rumors true???? How many of the top high school players transferring to Md to play in the miaa A this season?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #318987 01/21/21 12:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the rumors true???? How many of the top high school players transferring to Md to play in the miaa A this season?

No

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318996 01/21/21 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No
The rumors are true, lets see if they can pull the trigger and actually make the move.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318999 01/21/21 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No
The rumors are true, lets see if they can pull the trigger and actually make the move.

That will go over real well with MD parents.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319004 01/21/21 04:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays in a state which hasn't greenlighted 'High Risk Sports' - boys lacrosse is in that category. He would never consider moving to another state to play ball. Said it would be abandoning his team and putting himself above his teamates and school. Any kid who does that should give up the right to be a captain of any sport at his home school IMO.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319010 01/21/21 05:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays in a state which hasn't greenlighted 'High Risk Sports' - boys lacrosse is in that category. He would never consider moving to another state to play ball. Said it would be abandoning his team and putting himself above his teamates and school. Any kid who does that should give up the right to be a captain of any sport at his home school IMO.
Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but I give credit for parents looking after their kids best interest. Misery loves company, you'll all be on the sidelines this summer complaining about the state, the administrators, and coaches that did nothing for these kids.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #319011 01/21/21 05:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
....so it’s in their kids best interest to move to MD, attend a school with strangers for $$$ and break up the family unit for 5 months. Got it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319016 01/21/21 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It good be an interesting debate... If you honestly feel that it would benefit your child by potentially getting into a better school. I think it is along the same lines of holding your child back. No, my child is not a holdback but would recommend it for my grandchildren... "attend a school with strangers for $$$ and break up the family unit for 5" kinda like sending them to college?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #319019 01/21/21 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TD Ierland is leaving Yale to have an opportunity to play his senior year as its in his best interest. It would be in any HS players best interest facing the same challenge to move to a state they are playing the sport they are either committed to or plan on playing in college. The rest of the country is moving forward w sports.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319028 01/22/21 09:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Freeport football players moved to Georgia for senior year and ended up on State Champion team. It helped with their recruiting prospect. It's a huge move but considering the way things are it's not such a bad option if that's what the student is really looking for. My son was a 2020 and quite a few of his contemporaries ended up doing a PG year and are committed to some great schools. Obviously not realistic for all but something to be considered.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #319030 01/22/21 10:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You get 4 years in HS. Sitting at home in front of a screen is fine for some, but for others who can afford an alternative and want to enjoy the HS experience in a reasonably safe way, why not? There are many kids who will potentially miss out on 2 years of HS sports, not to mention interacting in-person with peers and getting instruction in a more meaningful way. This isn't every man for himself. Others are free to look for alternatives or do nothing and hope for the best. The haves vs. have nots is no different during a pandemic than in ordinary times. I do think the commenter pointing out that MD parents won't be happy is probably true, but they should be used to Calvert Hall and other schools looking to recruit your replacement the moment they have you on campus. Not much different than college.

Like Reply Quote
Page 478 of 505 1 2 476 477 478 479 480 504 505
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard