Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 10:24 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:45 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:26 AM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:21 AM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:19 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,288
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 477 of 519 1 2 475 476 477 478 479 518 519
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #318225 01/04/21 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!"

Spoiled Manhasset dad still bitter... Glad it all seemed to work out, for those that stayed and those that left or were cut.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C #318259 01/05/21 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318278 01/05/21 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase."

And now you're complaining your kid is getting solicited? Great story. Skip the next showcase then...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318279 01/05/21 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!"

Spoiled Manhasset dad still bitter... Glad it all seemed to work out, for those that stayed and those that left or were cut.
Speaking of Manhasset, what’s the connection with P. family and FLG/ LILJ. Other than rumored ownership, is there any reason to be writing up the 22’ before they played 1 minute of varsity lacrosse and now the 24’ before they've even played JV.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318325 01/06/21 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was written about hockey tryouts but could easily be lacrosse. Raise your hand if you recognize yourself.
https://www.si.com/hockey/features/...m=SI%20Extra%20-%20USE%20THIS%20-%20List

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #318335 01/06/21 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase."

And now you're complaining your kid is getting solicited? Great story. Skip the next showcase then...

Ya I am complaining. Spam mail and recruiting are 2 different things dummy. That's what parents do, protect their kids. Identity theft is real, google it. Seems to me the showcases shouldn't be selling minors information. If we want information on a school for a kid we can figure out how to get it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318405 01/06/21 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was written about hockey tryouts but could easily be lacrosse. Raise your hand if you recognize yourself.
https://www.si.com/hockey/features/...m=SI%20Extra%20-%20USE%20THIS%20-%20List

Truth!! I have known 70% of the kids at my sons tryouts for the past few years.. The author hits the nail on the head!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318407 01/07/21 01:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ya I am complaining. Spam mail and recruiting are 2 different things dummy. That's what parents do, protect their kids. Identity theft is real, google it. Seems to me the showcases shouldn't be selling minors information. If we want information on a school for a kid we can figure out how to get it.

My oldest did not play travel sports and got those same college Solicitations. Don’t know where they come from. I think the high schools sends Information to Schools they believe the students grades would give them a fair chance of getting accepted. I have never confirmed this. I do not think it is a showcase selling the information. Just some advice, my son is a Division I lacrosse player. My advice is go to as many showcases as possible. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318427 01/07/21 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My oldest did not play travel sports and got those same college Solicitations. Don’t know where they come from. I think the high schools sends Information to Schools they believe the students grades would give them a fair chance of getting accepted. I have never confirmed this. I do not think it is a showcase selling the information. Just some advice, my son is a Division I lacrosse player. My advice is go to as many showcases as possible. Good luck.

You could be right. My son is only a Sophmore so I thought it was a little fishy that I signed him up for a showcase and within 10 days my mailbox got flooded with College mail. And it was addressed to him. Don't know how else they would have gotten his information other then the information I filled out in the showcase registration.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318431 01/07/21 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck at Harvard...sorry to hear Limestone reached out to you. Kid will probably be long done with lax by the time he gets to college and will be on the all-edible team.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #318436 01/07/21 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck at Harvard...sorry to hear Limestone reached out to you. Kid will probably be long done with lax by the time he gets to college and will be on the all-edible team.

Na, he will probably be on the wrestling team. Pretty sure he would take your speedbag kid and having him crying to his mommy and daddy in about 8 seconds.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318476 01/07/21 10:55 PM
T
User
User
T

Na, he will probably be on the wrestling team. Pretty sure he would take your speedbag kid and having him crying to his mommy and daddy in about 8 seconds.

Maturity at its finest.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318482 01/08/21 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL...Go dad...get a life guy "My son is tougher than yours". What a joke. Good luck in states...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318485 01/08/21 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This must be your eldest child. Just wait, your mailbox will be filled for the next year with solicitations. College is big business, they don't need your kids info from lax. They have your son's info from DMV, all the testing companies, your Google searches and your school district. These colleges may or may not want your kid. They do want him to apply though!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318486 01/08/21 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the chances this guy force feeds his kid protein shakes?.....SMH.

Like Reply Quote
Page 477 of 519 1 2 475 476 477 478 479 518 519
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard