BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 179 of 264 1 2 177 178 179 180 181 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
It doesn’t matter. Sign your kid up or don’t. Your choice. It’s still an opportunity to play. If it was not offered someone would [ChillLaxin] that there’s no opportunities to play!

Agreed. But if your paying a lot of money for something and you don’t like what your getting you have every right to call it a money grab

You were told exactly what you were getting when you signed up.

Wrong. We were told we were getting a seven week season. Not 7 games in 3 days during Xmas break. This is about ensuring they don’t have to return money.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn’t matter. Sign your kid up or don’t. Your choice. It’s still an opportunity to play. If it was not offered someone would [ChillLaxin] that there’s no opportunities to play!

Agreed. But if your paying a lot of money for something and you don’t like what your getting you have every right to call it a money grab

Wrong. We were told we were getting a seven week season. Not 7 games in 3 days during Xmas break. This is about ensuring they don’t have to return money.

When you signed up for this league, whatever it's called. Why didn't you consider the time we live in at the moment. Stop forking over your hard-earned money towards something that is a BIG ZERO during these uncertain times. I bet the program director knew this exact scenario was down the road when he accepted your money. Stop being at the mercy of these people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

20 out of the 21 high school teams that signed up chose to continue on and play during Xmas break, the 1 team that chose not to play will get their money back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put this in perspective. My son lost his Junior Season, his summer of recruiting in front of D1 schools and they may not get a chance to play their senior season. When I signed up for this league I knew there was a good chance Cuomo or the local government would put a stop to it. I’m grateful to the league for making sure they are able to play, and these boys will have one last shot of playing with their friends who they have been playing with since they were 4. They had a blast today, and all I saw was smiles from, all the players, winners and losers. For some of these boys it is the last shot for them to be recruited. So be thankful that these kids have something to do besides playing video games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was great today and kids can’t wait for tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to a tryout early summer and it was a joke! Dads were coaching, kids could barely catch and throw! Blew us off, totally un professional! Now he plays for a top team and very close to making a commitment to a top D1 school!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Was great today and kids can’t wait for tomorrow

Amen to that. There have been hiccups, and the stats may not be 100% accurate, but they are having fun and have something to look forward to every day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!

Anointed Himself as the industry expert to those who agree with him. FLG is all about marketing. Papa Bear and Baby Bear are trying their best to capitalize on this sport, sprinkled with a little Harlem Lacrosse to help them along the way. Once your kid decides or thinks which direction they want to move right after [ChillLaxin].S., if lax fits that bill and the director or coach of the travel organization can help reach those goals, fine, use them to get what you want. 91 and Express are the best at marketing their college commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody give constructive feedback on the Villanova 150 Showcase? I know that they didn't have the event in 2020 but they just posted 2021 dates. Anybody have experience with the event back in 2017-2019? Wondering if it's worth signing my son up for it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It’s ran by the Villanova staff so be careful with these types of events. They are mostly their prospect days, but they get other coaches to attend also and is in the format of a camp. So although they are advertising 15 coaches who attended in the past, I would ask if they were all there at the same time or did they just show up for an hour or so to get paid and list it on their site...

If you are looking for a strong D1 showcase that I know Nova attended a couple of years ago, try the College Bound Laxers UnD1sputed Showcase here on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516
It’s ran by the Villanova staff so be careful with these types of events. They are mostly their prospect days, but they get other coaches to attend also and is in the format of a camp. So although they are advertising 15 coaches who attended in the past, I would ask if they were all there at the same time or did they just show up for an hour or so to get paid and list it on their site...

If you are looking for a strong D1 showcase that I know Nova attended a couple of years ago, try the College Bound Laxers UnD1sputed Showcase here on the island.

If realistic academically, also try Prep Lax Showcase in Greenwich. Very well run and all the Ivy and NESCACs are there. Fab Frosh/Super Sophs at Wesleyan usually also pulls in a ton of good schools. I also think the various Philly Showcase and Lax Masters events are good....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much do these showcases matter in the scheme of things? Are kids actually getting recruited based on their performance in these events or are these mostly money grabs? Are college coaches more focused on club based recruiting tournaments or can kids get recruited just from these showcases?

Asking bc I’m sick of the club game. My son’s with one of the bigger LI clubs that isn’t 91 or Express. We didn’t get any refund last year and this year they loaded up the roster and charged the same amount. Thinking about signing him up for a bunch of individual showcases next summer and quitting the club before I have to give another payment.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How much do these showcases matter in the scheme of things? Are kids actually getting recruited based on their performance in these events or are these mostly money grabs? Are college coaches more focused on club based recruiting tournaments or can kids get recruited just from these showcases?

Asking bc I’m sick of the club game. My son’s with one of the bigger LI clubs that isn’t 91 or Express. We didn’t get any refund last year and this year they loaded up the roster and charged the same amount. Thinking about signing him up for a bunch of individual showcases next summer and quitting the club before I have to give another payment.

Showcases are absolutely a great way to be seen by a plethora of colleges, especially from ones that your child is interested in. Also, what I like about showcases is that they are small, boutique and the coaches can really focus in on the 80-160 players versus a tournament which may have 100 colleges in attendance but spread across 15 fields. I am not saying tournaments are not worth it bc I think they are absolutely are (especially depending on what club team you play for). I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word to the wise, I'm not promoting travel but if your son is gonna get recruited he better be playing for a club big or small!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word to the wise, I'm not promoting travel but if your son is gonna get recruited he better be playing for a club big or small!

Unfortunately, I agree. The degree to which you need to do showcases will depend on two other things: (1) the strength of the club team; and (2) to a lesser extent, the high school your son plays for. Stronger the club and HS, the less need there is to do showcases. Showtime was always considered the best showcase, but the invitations were locked up by the big clubs and politically connected coaches. People on here will complain about UA, but that has historically been packed with coaches and provided awesome exposure. LI tends not to do great, but your kid will get seen, so don't listen to the naysayers. Finally, the only way any of this works is if your kid is emailing coaches consistently and letting them know where he will be playing. Include pinney # and schedule in your email. Even at showcases, you cannot assume you will be seen unless you notify them in advance. Highly recommend Sportsrecruits. It is very easy to use and lets you know when coaches open emails and watch highlight videos. Bottom line is that the top 100 kids in each year get chased. Everyone else needs to aggressively market themselves. Good luck!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything new about next year. I'm still hearing 10 game in conference only schedule and nothing else. Anyone hear different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, I agree. The degree to which you need to do showcases will depend on two other things: (1) the strength of the club team; and (2) to a lesser extent, the high school your son plays for. Stronger the club and HS, the less need there is to do showcases. Showtime was always considered the best showcase, but the invitations were locked up by the big clubs and politically connected coaches. People on here will complain about UA, but that has historically been packed with coaches and provided awesome exposure. LI tends not to do great, but your kid will get seen, so don't listen to the naysayers. Finally, the only way any of this works is if your kid is emailing coaches consistently and letting them know where he will be playing. Include pinney # and schedule in your email. Even at showcases, you cannot assume you will be seen unless you notify them in advance. Highly recommend Sportsrecruits. It is very easy to use and lets you know when coaches open emails and watch highlight videos. Bottom line is that the top 100 kids in each year get chased. Everyone else needs to aggressively market themselves. Good luck!!

These are very different times. My son was talking to 3 top 25 D1 teams. When the spring season was cancelled, they all slowed down. One of them made us feel like they were making an offer in September. But once they extended the dead period, they all passed on him and offered to do a PG year. He played on a good travel program, we went to the school prospect camps that he was interested in and did the prospect camps. A D2 school came out of nowhere and made him an offer that he expected. He didn’t want to play for a D1 program that had no chance of winning anything. I would still stick to the plan of going to the schools your son is interested in first. If you see one of those schools will be at a showcase then go to that too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every experience is different I guess! My son is a late bloomer to the summer off to grow only went to three fall tounneys with his travel team and we have already had several D1 coaches contact us. I have no idea how they found my kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a Winter League for HS and or Clubs taking place on the island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!"

Spoiled Manhasset dad still bitter... Glad it all seemed to work out, for those that stayed and those that left or were cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase."

And now you're complaining your kid is getting solicited? Great story. Skip the next showcase then...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!"

Spoiled Manhasset dad still bitter... Glad it all seemed to work out, for those that stayed and those that left or were cut.
Speaking of Manhasset, what’s the connection with P. family and FLG/ LILJ. Other than rumored ownership, is there any reason to be writing up the 22’ before they played 1 minute of varsity lacrosse and now the 24’ before they've even played JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was written about hockey tryouts but could easily be lacrosse. Raise your hand if you recognize yourself.
https://www.si.com/hockey/features/...m=SI%20Extra%20-%20USE%20THIS%20-%20List

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase."

And now you're complaining your kid is getting solicited? Great story. Skip the next showcase then...

Ya I am complaining. Spam mail and recruiting are 2 different things dummy. That's what parents do, protect their kids. Identity theft is real, google it. Seems to me the showcases shouldn't be selling minors information. If we want information on a school for a kid we can figure out how to get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was written about hockey tryouts but could easily be lacrosse. Raise your hand if you recognize yourself.
https://www.si.com/hockey/features/...m=SI%20Extra%20-%20USE%20THIS%20-%20List

Truth!! I have known 70% of the kids at my sons tryouts for the past few years.. The author hits the nail on the head!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ya I am complaining. Spam mail and recruiting are 2 different things dummy. That's what parents do, protect their kids. Identity theft is real, google it. Seems to me the showcases shouldn't be selling minors information. If we want information on a school for a kid we can figure out how to get it.

My oldest did not play travel sports and got those same college Solicitations. Don’t know where they come from. I think the high schools sends Information to Schools they believe the students grades would give them a fair chance of getting accepted. I have never confirmed this. I do not think it is a showcase selling the information. Just some advice, my son is a Division I lacrosse player. My advice is go to as many showcases as possible. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My oldest did not play travel sports and got those same college Solicitations. Don’t know where they come from. I think the high schools sends Information to Schools they believe the students grades would give them a fair chance of getting accepted. I have never confirmed this. I do not think it is a showcase selling the information. Just some advice, my son is a Division I lacrosse player. My advice is go to as many showcases as possible. Good luck.

You could be right. My son is only a Sophmore so I thought it was a little fishy that I signed him up for a showcase and within 10 days my mailbox got flooded with College mail. And it was addressed to him. Don't know how else they would have gotten his information other then the information I filled out in the showcase registration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck at Harvard...sorry to hear Limestone reached out to you. Kid will probably be long done with lax by the time he gets to college and will be on the all-edible team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck at Harvard...sorry to hear Limestone reached out to you. Kid will probably be long done with lax by the time he gets to college and will be on the all-edible team.

Na, he will probably be on the wrestling team. Pretty sure he would take your speedbag kid and having him crying to his mommy and daddy in about 8 seconds.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Na, he will probably be on the wrestling team. Pretty sure he would take your speedbag kid and having him crying to his mommy and daddy in about 8 seconds.

Maturity at its finest.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL...Go dad...get a life guy "My son is tougher than yours". What a joke. Good luck in states...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This must be your eldest child. Just wait, your mailbox will be filled for the next year with solicitations. College is big business, they don't need your kids info from lax. They have your son's info from DMV, all the testing companies, your Google searches and your school district. These colleges may or may not want your kid. They do want him to apply though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the chances this guy force feeds his kid protein shakes?.....SMH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maturity at its finest.

Coming from someone who's occupation is listed as a politician. Seeing how you would like to be a part of the discussion please enlighten us common folk as a politician, how in today's environment politicians can vote to donate billions/trillions of our taxpayer dollars to foreign countries while Americans are losing their jobs, homes and businesses? And I know parents on my kids lacrosse teams who have been out of work due to the government imposed COVID lockdowns that seem to only apply to Non-politicans(IE Cuomo allows fans to Bills game so he can go). Please explain to them how you are taking the taxes they pay on the little bit of money they get from unemployment and give it to foreign countries instead of to Americans who need it.

P.S. If you really are a politician please do it on your own time and not on taxpayers time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once they take the PSAT, those scores go out and colleges start mailing out info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are they having the NY State Regional Lacrosse Championship this year, have tryout dates been announced?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are they having the NY State Regional Lacrosse Championship this year, have tryout dates been announced?

As of now, there’s nothing going on. Website is still showing cancelled 2020 registration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the rumors true???? How many of the top high school players transferring to Md to play in the miaa A this season?

Like Reply Quote
Page 179 of 264 1 2 177 178 179 180 181 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard