Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:04 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 11:53 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by SAT1234 - 07/06/22 11:48 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 476 of 643 1 2 474 475 476 477 478 642 643
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #317855 12/26/20 11:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #317900 12/28/20 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to a tryout early summer and it was a joke! Dads were coaching, kids could barely catch and throw! Blew us off, totally un professional! Now he plays for a top team and very close to making a commitment to a top D1 school!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #317950 12/29/20 12:42 AM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was great today and kids can’t wait for tomorrow

Amen to that. There have been hiccups, and the stats may not be 100% accurate, but they are having fun and have something to look forward to every day.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #317964 12/29/20 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how the FLG son has anointed himself as some sort of industry expert......What a complete joke! He wouldn't recognize lacrosse talent if it hit him in the head. Several kids FLG cut in my son's year ended up going Ivy or Top 10 D1. Kids who stayed and were treated as superstars by FLG ultimately went very low D1, low D3 or nowhere at all. Run away!!!

Anointed Himself as the industry expert to those who agree with him. FLG is all about marketing. Papa Bear and Baby Bear are trying their best to capitalize on this sport, sprinkled with a little Harlem Lacrosse to help them along the way. Once your kid decides or thinks which direction they want to move right after [ChillLaxin].S., if lax fits that bill and the director or coach of the travel organization can help reach those goals, fine, use them to get what you want. 91 and Express are the best at marketing their college commits.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #317978 12/29/20 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody give constructive feedback on the Villanova 150 Showcase? I know that they didn't have the event in 2020 but they just posted 2021 dates. Anybody have experience with the event back in 2017-2019? Wondering if it's worth signing my son up for it.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #317980 12/29/20 12:25 PM
N
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
N
It’s ran by the Villanova staff so be careful with these types of events. They are mostly their prospect days, but they get other coaches to attend also and is in the format of a camp. So although they are advertising 15 coaches who attended in the past, I would ask if they were all there at the same time or did they just show up for an hour or so to get paid and list it on their site...

If you are looking for a strong D1 showcase that I know Nova attended a couple of years ago, try the College Bound Laxers UnD1sputed Showcase here on the island.

Like Reply Quote
NassauLaxDad516 #318023 12/30/20 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516
It’s ran by the Villanova staff so be careful with these types of events. They are mostly their prospect days, but they get other coaches to attend also and is in the format of a camp. So although they are advertising 15 coaches who attended in the past, I would ask if they were all there at the same time or did they just show up for an hour or so to get paid and list it on their site...

If you are looking for a strong D1 showcase that I know Nova attended a couple of years ago, try the College Bound Laxers UnD1sputed Showcase here on the island.

If realistic academically, also try Prep Lax Showcase in Greenwich. Very well run and all the Ivy and NESCACs are there. Fab Frosh/Super Sophs at Wesleyan usually also pulls in a ton of good schools. I also think the various Philly Showcase and Lax Masters events are good....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318037 12/30/20 03:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much do these showcases matter in the scheme of things? Are kids actually getting recruited based on their performance in these events or are these mostly money grabs? Are college coaches more focused on club based recruiting tournaments or can kids get recruited just from these showcases?

Asking bc I’m sick of the club game. My son’s with one of the bigger LI clubs that isn’t 91 or Express. We didn’t get any refund last year and this year they loaded up the roster and charged the same amount. Thinking about signing him up for a bunch of individual showcases next summer and quitting the club before I have to give another payment.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318042 12/30/20 04:34 PM
T
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
T
How much do these showcases matter in the scheme of things? Are kids actually getting recruited based on their performance in these events or are these mostly money grabs? Are college coaches more focused on club based recruiting tournaments or can kids get recruited just from these showcases?

Asking bc I’m sick of the club game. My son’s with one of the bigger LI clubs that isn’t 91 or Express. We didn’t get any refund last year and this year they loaded up the roster and charged the same amount. Thinking about signing him up for a bunch of individual showcases next summer and quitting the club before I have to give another payment.

Showcases are absolutely a great way to be seen by a plethora of colleges, especially from ones that your child is interested in. Also, what I like about showcases is that they are small, boutique and the coaches can really focus in on the 80-160 players versus a tournament which may have 100 colleges in attendance but spread across 15 fields. I am not saying tournaments are not worth it bc I think they are absolutely are (especially depending on what club team you play for). I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318044 12/30/20 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word to the wise, I'm not promoting travel but if your son is gonna get recruited he better be playing for a club big or small!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #318047 12/30/20 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word to the wise, I'm not promoting travel but if your son is gonna get recruited he better be playing for a club big or small!

Unfortunately, I agree. The degree to which you need to do showcases will depend on two other things: (1) the strength of the club team; and (2) to a lesser extent, the high school your son plays for. Stronger the club and HS, the less need there is to do showcases. Showtime was always considered the best showcase, but the invitations were locked up by the big clubs and politically connected coaches. People on here will complain about UA, but that has historically been packed with coaches and provided awesome exposure. LI tends not to do great, but your kid will get seen, so don't listen to the naysayers. Finally, the only way any of this works is if your kid is emailing coaches consistently and letting them know where he will be playing. Include pinney # and schedule in your email. Even at showcases, you cannot assume you will be seen unless you notify them in advance. Highly recommend Sportsrecruits. It is very easy to use and lets you know when coaches open emails and watch highlight videos. Bottom line is that the top 100 kids in each year get chased. Everyone else needs to aggressively market themselves. Good luck!!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318051 12/30/20 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything new about next year. I'm still hearing 10 game in conference only schedule and nothing else. Anyone hear different.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318108 01/01/21 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, I agree. The degree to which you need to do showcases will depend on two other things: (1) the strength of the club team; and (2) to a lesser extent, the high school your son plays for. Stronger the club and HS, the less need there is to do showcases. Showtime was always considered the best showcase, but the invitations were locked up by the big clubs and politically connected coaches. People on here will complain about UA, but that has historically been packed with coaches and provided awesome exposure. LI tends not to do great, but your kid will get seen, so don't listen to the naysayers. Finally, the only way any of this works is if your kid is emailing coaches consistently and letting them know where he will be playing. Include pinney # and schedule in your email. Even at showcases, you cannot assume you will be seen unless you notify them in advance. Highly recommend Sportsrecruits. It is very easy to use and lets you know when coaches open emails and watch highlight videos. Bottom line is that the top 100 kids in each year get chased. Everyone else needs to aggressively market themselves. Good luck!!

These are very different times. My son was talking to 3 top 25 D1 teams. When the spring season was cancelled, they all slowed down. One of them made us feel like they were making an offer in September. But once they extended the dead period, they all passed on him and offered to do a PG year. He played on a good travel program, we went to the school prospect camps that he was interested in and did the prospect camps. A D2 school came out of nowhere and made him an offer that he expected. He didn’t want to play for a D1 program that had no chance of winning anything. I would still stick to the plan of going to the schools your son is interested in first. If you see one of those schools will be at a showcase then go to that too.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318125 01/02/21 02:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every experience is different I guess! My son is a late bloomer to the summer off to grow only went to three fall tounneys with his travel team and we have already had several D1 coaches contact us. I have no idea how they found my kid?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #318211 01/04/21 12:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a Winter League for HS and or Clubs taking place on the island?

Like Reply Quote
Page 476 of 643 1 2 474 475 476 477 478 642 643
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard