Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Anyone know how much these showcases sell the attendees information for? Signed my kid up to a showcase for the 1st time and we have gotten 10+ information envelopes for colleges every day. I should get a 1$ back for every envelope I have to look at and throw out from the showcase."

And now you're complaining your kid is getting solicited? Great story. Skip the next showcase then...

Ya I am complaining. Spam mail and recruiting are 2 different things dummy. That's what parents do, protect their kids. Identity theft is real, google it. Seems to me the showcases shouldn't be selling minors information. If we want information on a school for a kid we can figure out how to get it.

My oldest did not play travel sports and got those same college Solicitations. Don’t know where they come from. I think the high schools sends Information to Schools they believe the students grades would give them a fair chance of getting accepted. I have never confirmed this. I do not think it is a showcase selling the information. Just some advice, my son is a Division I lacrosse player. My advice is go to as many showcases as possible. Good luck.

Once they take the PSAT, those scores go out and colleges start mailing out info.