BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 106 of 213 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 212 213
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sophomore 1st Team All American Defender at Towson played Defense in HS and on her Club Team..
There are no absolutes.. player play

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by lax101
For the most part they get it right but the process is certainly not perfect. One can always debate the last 5 kids chosen. At least 5 girls made the team for the first time and nearly half the team were 2020. Several strong players from last years team with politics on their side did not make it this year. It is fair to say that the coaches are trying to field the best team they can.

Just looked at the list of players that were invited to try out for the US National U19 Team. I think 21 of the 27 players selected from Long Island were / are Long Island Under Armour players. I do not believe that the same people are involved in selecting the players.

If you do not believe that Kelly Amonte Hiller wants to field the best team possible you are beyond help.

UA does a very good job.

The U19 tryout selections were based on an application process and Amonte Hiller has not seen the majority play. Being on the UA team I would think was one of the reasons many were selected. If you did not put in an application you were not selected and I believe a lot of to layers did not for various reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG = Bye, Felicia!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the most part they get it right but the process is certainly not perfect. One can always debate the last 5 kids chosen. At least 5 girls made the team for the first time and nearly half the team were 2020. Several strong players from last years team with politics on their side did not make it this year. It is fair to say that the coaches are trying to field the best team they can.

Just looked at the list of players that were invited to try out for the US National U19 Team. I think 21 of the 27 players selected from Long Island were / are Long Island Under Armour players. I do not believe that the same people are involved in selecting the players.

If you do not believe that Kelly Amonte Hiller wants to field the best team possible you are beyond help.

UA does a very good job.

The U19 tryout selections were based on an application process and Amonte Hiller has not seen the majority play. Being on the UA team I would think was one of the reasons many were selected. If you did not put in an application you were not selected and I believe a lot of to layers did not for various reasons.

Actually, I believe the majority of top (age eligible) players did submit an application. Coach Amonte Hiller and all involved in selecting the players have absolutely watched all of these players play. They have been watching these players while on the recruiting circuit.

The coaches involved absolutely have short lists of the players they believe to be the best in each recruiting class and they want those players at the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG = Bye, Felicia!!!

What????????

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA does a very good job.

Seems like a silly statement. Of course KAH has seen all these girls play. It's her job to watch these girls play. You think she's randomly throwing out scholarship offers to random high schoolers without watching them all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's true...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG = Bye, Felicia!!!

What??????????????

Manhasset coach finally fired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG = Bye, Felicia!!!

What??????????????
[/quote]

Manhasset coach finally fired. [/quote]

Finish # 1 in the country, but last in Manhasset's hearts. Oh, well....

Like Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) (NA) Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happens to Liberty? no more funnel from MHS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington should welcome her with open arms!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG = Bye, Felicia!!!

What????????
[/quote]

Manhasset coach finally fired. [/quote]

[/quote]

what does that mean? There has to be some reason for it. what is it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was she teacher at mhs? what happens with that job?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG = Bye, Felicia!!!

What??????????????

Manhasset coach finally fired.

what does that mean? There has to be some reason for it. what is it?

Even Rosie O'Donnell got cxeld, happens to the best of them...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Dave K. has been offered the job....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

interested?....kids have to pay you to sit in the classroom.....and you get to charge them for pens and paper..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
You defensive parents are ridiculous. Your kid plays defense in high school because they don’t have the stick skills to play Middie, are not fast enough, don’t have the motor , in other words just not as good as the middies overall. In general college coaches recruit middies first , attack second , defensive players last for a reason. Yes there are exceptions but in general college coaches know they can take high school middies that were very good and make them into defenders. Rarely do they take high school defenders and make them into middies or attack but they do the reverse on a consistent basis because in high school your best athletes play middie and your better skilled players who may not have the speed or motor play attack. We get it defensive players don’t get the glory but trying to rewrite history is a joke . Bringing up PAL is just desperation .

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.

That’s what is so hillarious . The coaches in college , the evaluators of UA etc keep telling you that your daughter is too fat and unskilled so they just take the back up middies to play defense yet you keep telling yourself it’s not true . Powderfinger only puts powder on his fingers to mask the smell of the BS he has been digging in all his life. Please tell us the programs that don’t recruit middies before defense or even tell us a top program in the country that the majority of their starting defenders did not play middie in high school . Sorry powder but from now on I will just abuse your nonsensical posts because you have proven yourself to be so ill informed .

Dude, so much vile you spew. WTFever. I'm doing fine and so are my kids. You do you and see how that works out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Dave K. has been offered the job....

I am assuming that was a joke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they wanted another travel lax director who had experience robbing school districts & parents blind......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they wanted another travel lax director who had experience robbing school districts & parents blind......

The coaches that don't involve themselves in outside stuff take money under the table to take kids on the team. If you want to play you have to pay some more. Cash only so it's not traceable or taxable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You defensive parents are ridiculous. Your kid plays defense in high school because they don’t have the stick skills to play Middie, are not fast enough, don’t have the motor , in other words just not as good as the middies overall. In general college coaches recruit middies first , attack second , defensive players last for a reason. Yes there are exceptions but in general college coaches know they can take high school middies that were very good and make them into defenders. Rarely do they take high school defenders and make them into middies or attack but they do the reverse on a consistent basis because in high school your best
athletes play middie and your better skilled players who may not have the speed or motor play attack. We get it defensive players don’t get the glory but trying to rewrite history is a joke . Bringing up PAL is just desperation .

That’s what is so hilarious. Please tell us the programs that don’t recruit middies before defense or even tell us a top program in the country that the majority of their starting defenders did not play middie in high school . Sorry but from now on I will just abuse your nonsensical posts because you have proven yourself to be so ill informed .

Dude, so much vile you spew. I'm doing fine and so are my kids. You do you and see how that works out.

You should have just left it at you don’t agree with moving middies to defense during tryouts but you had to act as if playing defense in lacrosse is some mystery to midfielders that only you know the truth about “ They don’t understand the slide” . Yes because that is just such a difficult concept to understand .We get it your kid plays defense and you need to believe that only the best play defense in high school because you cannot accept that she never developed the stick skills or athleticism to play midfield

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You defensive parents are ridiculous. Your kid plays defense in high school because they don’t have the stick skills to play Middie, are not fast enough, don’t have the motor , in other words just not as good as the middies overall. In general college coaches recruit middies first , attack second , defensive players last for a reason. Yes there are exceptions but in general college coaches know they can take high school middies that were very good and make them into defenders. Rarely do they take high school defenders and make them into middies or attack but they do the reverse on a consistent basis because in high school your best
athletes play middie and your better skilled players who may not have the speed or motor play attack. We get it defensive players don’t get the glory but trying to rewrite history is a joke . Bringing up PAL is just desperation .

That’s what is so hilarious. Please tell us the programs that don’t recruit middies before defense or even tell us a top program in the country that the majority of their starting defenders did not play middie in high school . Sorry but from now on I will just abuse your nonsensical posts because you have proven yourself to be so ill informed .

Dude, so much vile you spew. I'm doing fine and so are my kids. You do you and see how that works out.

You should have just left it at you don’t agree with moving middies to defense during tryouts but you had to act as if playing defense in lacrosse is some mystery to midfielders that only you know the truth about “ They don’t understand the slide” . Yes because that is just such a difficult concept to understand .We get it your kid plays defense and you need to believe that only the best play defense in high school because you cannot accept that she never developed the stick skills or athleticism to play midfield .

The fact that you're still chirping indicates to all that a nerve has been struck. I've been around the game longer than probably everyone on here, I know what I know. Your anonymous attempt to condescend just reflects on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

interested?....kids have to pay you to sit in the classroom.....and you get to charge them for pens and paper..

I don't think she was a teacher. She had to do something as I cannot imagine the BOE would fire her without a reason. She likely wants another coaching job so she won't disclose the reason. Have to expect Carol Rose will get more kids now to play for her club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have heard it many times: "Defense wins championships". However, some on this site will never get it. Most of the people who do not get it were never competitive athletes and many have daughters who do not play on competitive teams and will not play at a top 10 college program.

The people that know (high level coaches and players) will tell you just how important defense is. You can not hide anyone on defense and you can not put a selfish player or a weak athlete on the defensive end of the field without negative consequences.

Here is a direct quote from Cornell player Joey Coffee from Lacrosse Magazine:

"Going into my junior year, when I struggled with what it means to be black in this sport, I played a lot of defense that year. It continued to chip away at my mental game. It was almost like a demotion. In my coaches’ eyes, it was really a promotion — an opportunity to really hone in on an innate skill I have of being really athletic and having good feet. But because of these experiences and the way I perceived black female lacrosse players in the past, I thought this was a demotion.

I’m sure you’ve seen that a lot of black lacrosse players tend to be on the defensive end. It does send a message about how we ended up here. Was it solely because we were athletic? Or was it because of the entire package? I’d argue it’s the entire package, but perception is everything in life."

I would agree, it is the "entire package". Smart coaches want their best athletes on the defensive end of the field.

Here is another quote, this one from BC Head Coach Acacia Walker:

“A lot of people talk about our offense, but every single person in our program knows that the defense is 100% the backbone of our team,” Walker-W says. “Not only the backbone, but sort of the stabilizer. They have played such a huge role in any and all of the success that we’ve had. Everyone likes to talk about the goal scorers, but the goal scorers will tell you it’s Lauren Daly back there, it’s Carly Bell back there, Elizabeth Miller, Brooke Troy, Hannah Hyatt. We just have so much experience and they are really the heart and soul of our team.”

Even more important than athleticism is the players mental makeup / mindset. The player must be mentally tough and selfless.

I have read on this site that defense is the easiest way to get on the field in college. Nothing could be further from reality.

Newsday (which is a rag), Know nothing parents and foolish youth / HS coaches are the only ones who do not get it.

BTW, my daughters play midfield. Oh, my son, he is a defender. ;-)

Go watch a game with someone who played or coached a high level college sport or played a professional sport and ask them their opinion on defensive players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You defensive parents are ridiculous. Your kid plays defense in high school because they don’t have the stick skills to play Middie, are not fast enough, don’t have the motor , in other words just not as good as the middies overall. In general college coaches recruit middies first , attack second , defensive players last for a reason. Yes there are exceptions but in general college coaches know they can take high school middies that were very good and make them into defenders. Rarely do they take high school defenders and make them into middies or attack but they do the reverse on a consistent basis because in high school your best

You should have just left it at you don’t agree with moving middies to defense during tryouts but you had to act as if playing defense in lacrosse is some mystery to midfielders that only you know the truth about “ They don’t understand the slide” . Yes because that is just such a difficult concept to understand .We get it your kid plays defense and you need to believe that only the best play defense in high school because you cannot accept that she never developed the stick skills or athleticism to play midfield .

The fact that you're still chirping indicates to all that a nerve has been struck. I've been around the game longer than probably everyone on here, I know what I know. Your anonymous attempt to condescend just reflects on you.

The fact that you keep acting like a pompous loser reflects exactly who you are . I’ve been around this game longer than the wind blah blah . Quick look shows 12 of the 15 field players that were first team NCAA D1 AA played midfield for their high school teams ,amazing “ they don’t understand the slide “ but we’re able to make such a great accomplishment. Now tell us you’ve been around the game longer than anybody and the college coaches keep getting wrong .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have heard it many times: "Defense wins championships". However, some on this site will never get it. Most of the people who do not get it were never competitive athletes and many have daughters who do not play on competitive teams and will not play at a top 10 college program.

The people that know (high level coaches and players) will tell you just how important defense is. You can not hide anyone on defense and you can not put a selfish player or a weak athlete on the defensive end of the field without negative consequences.

Here is a direct quote from Cornell player Joey Coffee from Lacrosse Magazine:

"Going into my junior year, when I struggled with what it means to be black in this sport, I played a lot of defense that year. It continued to chip away at my mental game. It was almost like a demotion. In my coaches’ eyes, it was really a promotion — an opportunity to really hone in on an innate skill I have of being really athletic and having good feet. But because of these experiences and the way I perceived black female lacrosse players in the past, I thought this was a demotion.

I’m sure you’ve seen that a lot of black lacrosse players tend to be on the defensive end. It does send a message about how we ended up here. Was it solely because we were athletic? Or was it because of the entire package? I’d argue it’s the entire package, but perception is everything in life."

I would agree, it is the "entire package". Smart coaches want their best athletes on the defensive end of the field.

Here is another quote, this one from BC Head Coach Acacia Walker:

“A lot of people talk about our offense, but every single person in our program knows that the defense is 100% the backbone of our team,” Walker-W says. “Not only the backbone, but sort of the stabilizer. They have played such a huge role in any and all of the success that we’ve had. Everyone likes to talk about the goal scorers, but the goal scorers will tell you it’s Lauren Daly back there, it’s Carly Bell back there, Elizabeth Miller, Brooke Troy, Hannah Hyatt. We just have so much experience and they are really the heart and soul of our team.”

Even more important than athleticism is the players mental makeup / mindset. The player must be mentally tough and selfless.

I have read on this site that defense is the easiest way to get on the field in college. Nothing could be further from reality.

Newsday (which is a rag), Know nothing parents and foolish youth / HS coaches are the only ones who do not get it.

BTW, my daughters play midfield. Oh, my son, he is a defender. ;-)

Go watch a game with someone who played or coached a high level college sport or played a professional sport and ask them their opinion on defensive players.

Defense is what got BC and JMU into the Championship Game. Defense won the Championship for JMU.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off , is there anyone on this site who has said defense is not important. Second , it could be stated that defense on the college level is so important that the college coaches many times recruit high school midfielders because they are the best athletes to play defense .The fact that you use BC and Walker in your post is a great example as her AA defender was a midfielder in high school . Honestly you clowns make it too easy .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off , is there anyone on this site who has said defense is not important. Second , it could be stated that defense on the college level is so important that the college coaches many times recruit high school midfielders because they are the best athletes to play defense .The fact that you use BC and Walker in your post is a great example as her AA defender was a midfielder in high school . Honestly you clowns make it too easy .
SO do you because plenty of posters on this site have said defense is not important, or that you hide weak players on defense, or that if you have weak stick skill you play defense. So does that make you the chief clown Bozo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll definitely agree with you that college coaches recruit middies and turn them into defense or attack. I'll also agree that more middies are recruited than any other position. Middies are great athletes and play offense and defense, as we all know.

However, the snide remarks by some posters saying that defenders don't have the athleticism or stick skills to cut it as a middie on their high school team are ridiculous.

If you have a really strong HS team, every single player on the field is an athlete with excellent stick skills. If you have a weaker team, other arguments may apply. So the blanket statements made by some posters don't hold up, IMO.

I'd rather be 1 of 12 strong players on a championship team, than a superstar on a team going nowhere. However, we don't always get to choose, so we make the best of the situation.

Enjoy the beautiful game girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA does a very good job.

The majority of the best players (especially 18's & 19's) did put in for it. One reason some of the top 18's did not apply was because they are too old. Other than that pretty much all of the top players did register.

To say that KAH or the others involved have not seen the majority play is laughable.

Do you think the selection was random?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could some of the top 2018s be too old, when there are quite of few 2017s who have already completed a year of college on the invite list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll definitely agree with you that college coaches recruit middies and turn them into defense or attack. I'll also agree that more middies are recruited than any other position. Middies are great athletes and play offense and defense, as we all know.

However, the snide remarks by some posters saying that defenders don't have the athleticism or stick skills to cut it as a middie on their high school team are ridiculous.

If you have a really strong HS team, every single player on the field is an athlete with excellent stick skills. If you have a weaker team, other arguments may apply. So the blanket statements made by some posters don't hold up, IMO.

I'd rather be 1 of 12 strong players on a championship team, than a superstar on a team going nowhere. However, we don't always get to choose, so we make the best of the situation.

Enjoy the beautiful game girls!

Lets be real about this, Unless you play for a top H.S. team, and especially if you play for a mid to low level team, if you have any Lacrosse skills at all your coach is going to make you a midfielder. That doesn't mean your actually a midfielder, it just means your team needs you on both ends of the field (i.e. '16 Sachem East Mid/ florida Def) To say a defender has no stick skills (though it is true in some cases, but is true in all positions) is not true, what they have is a different set of stick skills that not every girl possesses . Lets be real, girls that can shoot between the legs, behind the back, while flipping through the air do posses exceptional skills, but they are by far in the minority, and quite frankly, anyone can score in a lacrosse game, the goalies job is very difficult. What most middies do not posses is the back checking , using the stick to guide , and body positioning that a true defender possesses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO do you because plenty of posters on this site have said defense is not important, or that you hide weak players on defense, or that if you have weak stick skill you play defense. So does that make you the chief clown Bozo?

Again it’s difficult to argue w stupid but I will give it a try. Have not seen anyone say defense is not important , my guess is your reading comprehension is the issue .If you think that defenders in general have the stick skills of midfielders or attack at the collegiate level you really are clueless and it’s worse at the high school level . Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .

And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could some of the top 2018s be too old, when there are quite of few 2017s who have already completed a year of college on the invite list?

Players have to be born on or after Sept 1, 1999. Some 2018s were born before Sept 1, 1999 and some 2017s were born after. School cutoff in many areas is Sept 1, and it is not unheard of for parents to wait a year before sending summer birthdays to school on time so they will be oldest instead of youngest - some private schools where I live force this. Other areas have school cutoffs after Sept 1, so you get some 2017s born after Sept 1 because they were able to start school younger, but in other areas they would not have been able to. So. It is completely plausible that some 2018s were too old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EVERYBODY that can play is a midfielder in HS, rarely is there more than 2-3 impact players on most HS rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .

And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.

The stick skills to catch the ball from a goalie clear and take the ball up the field and being able to keep the ball in the stick while dodging an attackers ride. You need stick skills to do that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!

I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again powder puff showing a complete lack of understanding .The person you quoted and the person talking about shooting behind their back are two different people . I have yet to hear any of you explain why your kid plays defense and not middie in high school. Would also be curious as to why college coaches very often recruit middies first turning them into both attack and defense while rarely do high school defenders get recruited and converted into attack or middies . The reason is simple , high school middies are the best athletes and defenders don’t have the stick skills to play offense . Now tell us how long you have been around the game ,also wondering if any defender you know has had the stick skills of KO .

Like Reply Quote
Page 106 of 213 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 212 213
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard