Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by lax101
For the most part they get it right but the process is certainly not perfect. One can always debate the last 5 kids chosen. At least 5 girls made the team for the first time and nearly half the team were 2020. Several strong players from last years team with politics on their side did not make it this year. It is fair to say that the coaches are trying to field the best team they can.

Just looked at the list of players that were invited to try out for the US National U19 Team. I think 21 of the 27 players selected from Long Island were / are Long Island Under Armour players. I do not believe that the same people are involved in selecting the players.

If you do not believe that Kelly Amonte Hiller wants to field the best team possible you are beyond help.

UA does a very good job.

The U19 tryout selections were based on an application process and Amonte Hiller has not seen the majority play. Being on the UA team I would think was one of the reasons many were selected. If you did not put in an application you were not selected and I believe a lot of to layers did not for various reasons.

Actually, I believe the majority of top (age eligible) players did submit an application. Coach Amonte Hiller and all involved in selecting the players have absolutely watched all of these players play. They have been watching these players while on the recruiting circuit.

The coaches involved absolutely have short lists of the players they believe to be the best in each recruiting class and they want those players at the tryouts.