Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Holdbacks
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:41 PM
Boys 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:38 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:27 PM
Boys 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:14 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 03:51 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,157
Posts341,824
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 283 of 528 1 2 281 282 283 284 285 527 528
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #265614 06/24/18 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could some of the top 2018s be too old, when there are quite of few 2017s who have already completed a year of college on the invite list?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #265627 06/24/18 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First off , is there anyone on this site who has said defense is not important. Second , it could be stated that defense on the college level is so important that the college coaches many times recruit high school midfielders because they are the best athletes to play defense .The fact that you use BC and Walker in your post is a great example as her AA defender was a midfielder in high school . Honestly you clowns make it too easy .

I'll definitely agree with you that college coaches recruit middies and turn them into defense or attack. I'll also agree that more middies are recruited than any other position. Middies are great athletes and play offense and defense, as we all know.

However, the snide remarks by some posters saying that defenders don't have the athleticism or stick skills to cut it as a middie on their high school team are ridiculous.

If you have a really strong HS team, every single player on the field is an athlete with excellent stick skills. If you have a weaker team, other arguments may apply. So the blanket statements made by some posters don't hold up, IMO.

I'd rather be 1 of 12 strong players on a championship team, than a superstar on a team going nowhere. However, we don't always get to choose, so we make the best of the situation.

Enjoy the beautiful game girls!

Lets be real about this, Unless you play for a top H.S. team, and especially if you play for a mid to low level team, if you have any Lacrosse skills at all your coach is going to make you a midfielder. That doesn't mean your actually a midfielder, it just means your team needs you on both ends of the field (i.e. '16 Sachem East Mid/ florida Def) To say a defender has no stick skills (though it is true in some cases, but is true in all positions) is not true, what they have is a different set of stick skills that not every girl possesses . Lets be real, girls that can shoot between the legs, behind the back, while flipping through the air do posses exceptional skills, but they are by far in the minority, and quite frankly, anyone can score in a lacrosse game, the goalies job is very difficult. What most middies do not posses is the back checking , using the stick to guide , and body positioning that a true defender possesses

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265630 06/24/18 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off , is there anyone on this site who has said defense is not important. Second , it could be stated that defense on the college level is so important that the college coaches many times recruit high school midfielders because they are the best athletes to play defense .The fact that you use BC and Walker in your post is a great example as her AA defender was a midfielder in high school . Honestly you clowns make it too easy .
SO do you because plenty of posters on this site have said defense is not important, or that you hide weak players on defense, or that if you have weak stick skill you play defense. So does that make you the chief clown Bozo?

Again it’s difficult to argue w stupid but I will give it a try. Have not seen anyone say defense is not important , my guess is your reading comprehension is the issue .If you think that defenders in general have the stick skills of midfielders or attack at the collegiate level you really are clueless and it’s worse at the high school level . Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265635 06/24/18 05:15 PM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .

And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #265647 06/24/18 07:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #265650 06/24/18 07:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could some of the top 2018s be too old, when there are quite of few 2017s who have already completed a year of college on the invite list?

Players have to be born on or after Sept 1, 1999. Some 2018s were born before Sept 1, 1999 and some 2017s were born after. School cutoff in many areas is Sept 1, and it is not unheard of for parents to wait a year before sending summer birthdays to school on time so they will be oldest instead of youngest - some private schools where I live force this. Other areas have school cutoffs after Sept 1, so you get some 2017s born after Sept 1 because they were able to start school younger, but in other areas they would not have been able to. So. It is completely plausible that some 2018s were too old.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265655 06/24/18 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EVERYBODY that can play is a midfielder in HS, rarely is there more than 2-3 impact players on most HS rosters

Like Reply Quote
Powderfinger #265671 06/24/18 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
[ Why do you think your kid plays defense and not midfield ? I would say you are a clown but really your just sad .

And there's the insult. Exactly what sort of stick skills do defenders lack? Shooting behind the back? Not needed on D, and frankly not needed on O either. It's fancy, it's showy, and it misses more than it hits. They go lefty and righty, they catch, pass and run like all the other players on the field. They have an entirely different skill set than offense and for you to think it's all abut stick tricks is a joke and shows a lack of understanding of the game.

The stick skills to catch the ball from a goalie clear and take the ball up the field and being able to keep the ball in the stick while dodging an attackers ride. You need stick skills to do that!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265686 06/24/18 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DG “out” at Set’......win a ship, lose your job!

I doubt this decision was made in haste and isn't likely not based on the one year performance. Things just don't happen that way. It gets approved by the AD, Superintendent, and the BOE. There are a lot of rumors circulating as to why so it will be interesting to see if she can get another job with another school district.

Like Reply Quote
Powderfinger #265690 06/24/18 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again powder puff showing a complete lack of understanding .The person you quoted and the person talking about shooting behind their back are two different people . I have yet to hear any of you explain why your kid plays defense and not middie in high school. Would also be curious as to why college coaches very often recruit middies first turning them into both attack and defense while rarely do high school defenders get recruited and converted into attack or middies . The reason is simple , high school middies are the best athletes and defenders don’t have the stick skills to play offense . Now tell us how long you have been around the game ,also wondering if any defender you know has had the stick skills of KO .

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #265696 06/25/18 05:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Dave K. has been offered the job....

DK from Elevate? Nice try Dave, I don't think you can market your way and BS your way into the SET job. They are looking for a lacrosse coach, not a businessman! Keep coaching the powerhouse that is HT and using the free fields at HT to make money off your fan base!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265701 06/25/18 07:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again powder puff showing a complete lack of understanding .The person you quoted and the person talking about shooting behind their back are two different people . I have yet to hear any of you explain why your kid plays defense and not middie in high school. Would also be curious as to why college coaches very often recruit middies first turning them into both attack and defense while rarely do high school defenders get recruited and converted into attack or middies . The reason is simple , high school middies are the best athletes and defenders don’t have the stick skills to play offense . Now tell us how long you have been around the game ,also wondering if any defender you know has had the stick skills of KO .

This is great. Keep writing, as you are giving everyone a good laugh at your expense. Have a great day.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265709 06/25/18 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DK from Elevate? Nice try Dave, I don't think you can market your way and BS your way into the SET job. They are looking for a lacrosse coach, not a businessman! Keep coaching the powerhouse that is HT and using the free fields at HT to make money off your fan base!

Businessman??.....surely you jest?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265713 06/25/18 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know where your daughter goes to HS, but this is ridiculous. Check out top IAAM private schools in Baltimore. Do you honestly think that all the best players play midfield? Only 3 midfielders play at a time, and at most HS's there isn't a lot of subbing. It's not like boys lacrosse where you are running multiple lines of middies out there. I know for my daughter's team every starting defender could play midfield. All of them have or even still do for their club team. You have to have athletic defenders with good stick skills to be able to clear the ball. And my daughter isn't a midfielder. A defender on her team is the most sought after player by colleges so far and she plays defense on her club also. She made Under Armour and has made multiple camp all star teams. If you think colleges aren't looking at defenders that's stupid. Will they move middies to defense as well of course. Doesn't mean top defenders aren't in high demand.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #265719 06/25/18 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was said in jest - doesn't seem like they were serious at all. There is no way the AD would go for another club coach and deal with the associated headaches. More importantly, is the hearsay about her dismissal true? No news = truth. too bad.

Like Reply Quote
Page 283 of 528 1 2 281 282 283 284 285 527 528
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard