Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I find it believable that some schools not full on spots are out of money for that class as you wrote. Quite possible that some coaches pour 3 scholarship equivalents into the fist 5-6 kids in a class. That leaves no money, but does leave another 5-8 spots for that recruiting class. Just me asking, but is there a reason to be concerned or paranoid if your son is committed but you are making more visits and entertaining more offers? I get it that coaches may not care and recruit committed kids, but is there a danger that the program you have committed to hears about that being shopped afterwards? Maybe not because it likely happens a lot anyways but wondering

I haven’t nor would I consider shopping around after commitment

Smart. But do you think it happens a lot? Based on my experience, no. We'd just say he's committed to the process at XYZ and leave be alone i it happened. I do know of a few lacrosse dads who talk openly about their deal, and are not necessarily shopping it but are all ears and listening if someone contacts. That seems pretty sleazy, and I do pray for the kids that the parents don't case the die for the kid to be in a bad spot for it later if confronted. It seems like a very toxic thing to engage, but I am aware that the coaches will keep on at least trying to recruit kids committed elsewhere.